fv1609

Mystery Object No.123

A Dalex on a budget? Seriously, it appears to be a sismic device. Either a detector, or an active device to detonate mines.

Some sort of seismic sensor:confused:

Good idea, but nope.

Seriously, it appears to be a sismic device. Either a detector, or an active device to detonate mines.

Good idea, but nope.

OK so we have vibration damping mounts strapped to a B**dy great pice of concrete. So either the gadget moves, OR it must be isolated to pick up specfic vibration, such as.....a nuclear explosion?

A prototype electric Flymo test rig, the designer was worried about excessive lift...

So either the gadget moves, OR it must be isolated to pick up specfic vibration, such as.....a nuclear explosion?

Neither of these,Tony.

A prototype electric Flymo test rig, the designer was worried about excessive lift...

What as in "Flymo to the moon"? Fraid not GE

Neither of these,Tony.

Plyaing mind games again, you little devil. OK another flyer , litterally, a modernised aircraft, and including helicopters, sound detector? Bugging me because the only kit I can even vaguley think of like this is stuf made by an American company called Ling.

Plyaing mind games again, you little devil.

I never said it went underwater, that's what you lot seemed to assume.

OK another flyer , litterally, a modernised aircraft, and including helicopters, sound detector?

Nope

Bugging me because the only kit I can even vaguley think of like this is stuf made by an American company called Ling.

French actually

It seems to be electrially powered, with a long power cable. So the generator must be sited some distance from this object. Either to isolate it from the generator, or so the object can be sited somewhere where the geneartor cannot go. Is this item water proofed and normally used under water?

That gets my 'awful pun of the week' award:clap:

That's two awards this week then, the other was MO No.122:)

It seems to be electrially powered, with a long power cable. So the generator must be sited some distance from this object. Either to isolate it from the generator, or so the object can be sited somewhere where the geneartor cannot go.
There is equipment at some distance but it is not a generator.

Is this item water proofed and normally used under water?
Yes, Lee was on the right track at the outset.

No never thought it was underwater.

Oh well it does go underwater.