Clansman bits

MiketheBike

1. Can I mix ANR boxes with the current non-ANR ones in my Ferret?

2. For the Commanders unit..this sort of thing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLANSMAN-MILITARY-VEHICLE-COMMANDERS-CONNECTION-CONTROL_W0QQitemZ150380040288QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Militaria_LE?hash=item2303595060#ht_581wt_732

with, what I think is a 10 pin plug, where does that plug in? The audio ports are 7 pin.

3. If I got a crew box (CB2), where do I get a harness cable from...cannot seem to find them anywhere.

Cheers

Mick

Mick,

Your best bet is to just fit the ANR boxes, and use modern headsets with green pressel boxes. Black pressel boxes will not work on ANR systems.

The Commanders Box Fixed is designed to be used with the Commanders Personal Unit in your photo. This box has a 7 pin plug and a 10 pin plug. The idea is you can control the box from the bit hanging round your neck, useful for changing radios etc when busy in the vehicle. They are quite heavy and although I have a CBF in all my vehicles, we normally just use a pressel box plugged in to the CB2s.

There are lots of harness cables around, you may find them at shows or try asking the dealers who sell the boxes. Usually AFVs are surplused with the intercom and harness cables in place. You may also find that the dealers want to hang on to them so they can sell complete systems.

I have some spare ones I could sell, let me know what length you need and I'll see what I have. When I did my Ferret I could only find some short cables, so I unsoldered the 12 pin plugs and soldered them back on some 12 core cable from Maplin. Not a nice job!

Chris

Thanks Chris,

the ANR boxes are cheap enough these days to replace the IB3 and add another crew box.

Let me have a look at the weekend, and work out where they should be located (I have the instructions for converting Ferret from Larkspur to Clansman, and that gives location of boxes), then I can work out what cables I need.

I have long cables now, so my guess is I will only need 1 or 2 short harness cables

Cheers

Mick

Hi Chris,

I think I can get away with one short harness cable, although if you have two I could have one as a spare. I am thinking of installing a crew box next to the IB3, so any length would be fine.

I assume the ANR boxes are a straight swap when it comes to fixed cabling?

Let me know how much you would want for harness cables. I also see you are selling 2 pin accessory plugs, and i would like one of those also :)

Cheers

Mick