okay this is what i dont need.

paulob1

I definately dont need an OT64, too many big wheels and too much fun,

No, what I need to do is knock the mortgage back a little instead

It doesn't matter how many times I say it....................

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh? tell me more?

I had a word as I was thinking of swapping my OT-90 for a -64. Apparently the 64's were driven heavily in 3rd gear and so this gear set suffers much wear and is prone to failure. I forget now how long he said his was off the road for but he had just done the clutch and then the gearbox went. - all coming to mucho dinero...

Kind of put me off the idea!!!!

Your OT90 is also the bees knees, its just that the ot64 can be driven on the road but the ot90 can't, is that right?

Wouldn't you miss the ot90 if it went away?

The "on the road" bit is a point of contention between me and VOSA right now - or perhaps more accurately the sum of 11,500 points of contention that being how much it cost to have the work done they specified in a phone call. :argh: :argh:

Yes - I'd miss it - it's a guaranteed smile-raiser when let loose in the arena at W&P!! We let one of the air cadets have a drive after the arena closed on nght this year as a birthday treat - he was due to sign up with the RAF a few days later but informed his WO that he was off to the RTR instead!! :):)

But if funds run out due to lack of work I will have to lose it - £800 transport bill to W&P this year showed that quite clearly..

But if funds run out due to lack of work I will have to lose it - £800 transport bill to W&P this year showed that quite clearly..

In fairness it'd hardly be a lot cheaper if VOSA let you drive it there, would it? You'd need a fair bit of diesel ;)

(and don't forget you're technically limited to 20mph on the road!)

Stone

In fairness it'd hardly be a lot cheaper if VOSA let you drive it there, would it? You'd need a fair bit of diesel ;)

(and don't forget you're technically limited to 20mph on the road!)

Stone

Yes - about a quarter of that... :argh: :argh:

I worked it out on 4.5 mpg which is roughly what I get running around the arena etc. and for the mileage involved it would be circa £280 at today's Diesel prices.

I keep looking at those FV439's that Withams are selling off, not SO much dearer than a saracen really, ish. Did a driving day in a 432 a few weeks back and am now hooked.

I definately don't need one of those........... someone please talk me out of it, think of the mortgage, the kids the errrr........ the tracks, the armour, the two generators on the top and all the buttons inside..........

I keep looking at those FV439's that Withams are selling off, not SO much dearer than a saracen really, ish. Did a driving day in a 432 a few weeks back and am now hooked.

I definately don't need one of those........... someone please talk me out of it, think of the mortgage, the kids the errrr........ the tracks, the armour, the two generators on the top and all the buttons inside..........

Ok, don't do it....:nono:

Ignore him, buy one, you can always sell it if you need to.

Like yer style there.

I havn't been to see any, and have very little experience of anything non ferret, however, recon powerpack sounds good, and an interesting collectors piece. Also, good for parties as could run lights off it (remembering to unplug when taking people for rides.)

Cheers

Paul

Technically all 432s are over-width...

In theory you need an H license (or a full cat B license, aged over 21, L plates and someone else in the vehicle who's held cat H for 3 years) but VOSA could give you six different answers if you asked them the date so see what you can get away with ;)

Stone