IMPS Combined Ops Show at Headcorn 2009

Started the day off with me having to scoot 30miles down the road as Ian had broken down... quick 20min pit stop, new points & condenser (told him to see Clive at W&P:coffee:) & he was on the move again... arrived Headcorn 3.30pm followed shortly after by Mark Heliops & Graham Germany...

Not much happening at the mo... plenty of planes doing aerobatics & skydiving to watch... heres a few pics for now..

More photos tomorrow...

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

More photos tomorrow..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on sat,..........will defo go next year, with Bedford; (not happy re the paying as non IMPS member, though, but thats another point)

As a mop, show was very good, and certainly 'ticked' most of the boxes,......was rather supprised about the amount of vehicle movement during the day, though.(both military and non, - and no, don't think they were all heading for arena.)

Site was good, nice and flat, and toilets seemed to do what they should.

As a 1st show at the location, 'Nice One'.

Good to meet CW and PW, Cripp, (cheers for bacon butty), lee and Ian, Richard, Mark - and Naughty Nurse :),............not forgetting our illustrious (short haired :cool2:) leader, who was lurking within tent :-D when I saw him.

Andy

Just got back, Was trying to pictures of the Mustang in the air. At one point she dove right at me, and no ***CAMERA!!!. All suggestions for next year, dates fixed and will be posted, to IMPS about show welcome. Whose going to be first to post the 'Nose Art' on the M18 then? Must have been the most photographed thing on site, especially by the men. :cool2:

One of the best shows for a long time. I know the venue well, being local to me and everything gelled together. The organisers are to be congratulated, as always a few little wrinkles to be sorted, but that is always to be expected with something new. The atmosphere was good, everyone having time to chat to each other, something we are not able to do at the larger shows. As Robert said, just like the early IMPS shows at Tenterden, and Beltring. The claim by Lee Enfield about too much vehicle movement during the day, not sure that there was actually. I was marshalling at the gate between display areas at times during both days and most movements were to and from the arena........and those there not that frequent, and certainly not an issue.

The visits by our local Mustang owner, Rob Davies were a joy to watch, as ever. Also something that was very impressive was the flying of a model Eurofighter, fantastic.

Certainly a date for the 2010 diary.

Have to agree with everyone else - it was a stunning show and well done to all. Had a great ambiance to it. And the diorama's were impressive too. It was also nice to see security folks walking up and down the trade stands and else where - if give you a sense of 'order'. They weren't needed thou as it was a nice laid back show.

When I arrived I bumped in to Richard F and as he was an 'official' I thought I would ask him how to get to my pitch - he stared at me for five seconds trying to work out who I was as my hair has now gone.....he said that I looked like a young James Bond! :coffee:

As always, good to see Lee and Harry and Ian at base camp and nice to see the Heliops Love Trailer in the flesh :sweat:and was told not to step on the door mat as it was a Union Jack :argh: told that I was English. I soon got booted out when Heliops good lady was in bound....:stop:

Spent so nice hours with Graham G and his good lady on Saturday night around the fire but couldn't really talk much as some travelers parked up next door had the most noisy gen set:argh:

And where the hell was ChrisG??? Andy was lonely without him!

A Sabre flew over on the Saturday which was wonderful and the event being held on an airfield was a smart move.

Had good chat with Adrian B about Armour and Embarkation next year and the quote of the weekend goes to Adrian and it goes likes this...

Adrian - morning Jack..

Jack - hey morning Adrian good to see you...

Adrian - yes you too...

Jack - just got here?

Adrian - yes just flew in and landed about 5 minutes ago...

Jack - silence..............

- and I thought I was cool!

I asked Adrian to let me know when he is leaving and I will get my camera.

Picture110-3.jpg

Picture111-2.jpg

Picture112-5.jpg

Picture113-3.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Nice pics Jack! 30 minutes later I was back on the ground at the airfield.....

I liked the show, it did feel like the shows of old and it was nice to see everything in an easy stroll. Not much to buy in the stalls though, very little in the way of vehicle bits!

Enjoyed our chat Jack, looking forward to more details for A&E soon!