Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection, Norway - revisited.

After a stop and go at the Trandum meeting I stopped by at the Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection at Gardermoen. They have changed the exhibit earlier this year, so I was eager to see what was changed. The new was a C-130 Hercules and also a few more german items than before, such as the V-1 and the 88. It was looking good.

When I arrived two Dodges were parked outside.

http://www.flysamlingen.museum.no/

Here's the photos, mostly of ww2 related planes.

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4037-1.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4082-1.jpg

Martin Lillemaehlum

Hamar, Norway

Edited by martylee

I've always admired the utilitarian styling of those Junkers Tri-motors (and the Ford - what was the connection there, if any?), which might explain why I've always fancied the idea of running a Citreon 2cv corugated iron van :n00b: A very nice set of photos!

Those Sabres are really nice. Always had a soft spot for the F-86. There's an F-86D in a museum 4 miles from me and it's the only D version in the UK. What's the RAF seaplane in the last shots? I have a feeling I should know it but it escapes me.

The RAF seaplane is the Northrop N3PB! I think it looks good!

Marty

I can see Northrop features in that that I've see on other aircraft. The windscreen particularly is very much like the N-9m Flying Wing.

I do believe that these were used by norwegian squadrons at Iceland during the war. Flying submarine patrols.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Marty, I think you will find the F-35 is some sort of mock-up / prototype. Early in the program they had at least one which they took to air shows etc.

Thanks for the pics, really great collection of superbly restored aircraft. Like the Lockheed Lodestar!

Edited by mcspool

Marty, I think you will find the F-35 is some sort of mock-up / prototype. Early in the program they had at least one which they took to air shows etc.

Thanks for the pics, really great collection of superbly restored aircraft. Like the Lockheed Lodestar!

No way! This is the real thing! The royal norwegian airforce is leading the way. We're already doing 6th generation fighters. :-)

Marty