Mystery Object No.106

fv1609

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know............ sloping water

Rather than humiliate this poor man any more by tilting his kiosk, the diagonal I think is to suggest the position that the water would be if the chamber was so tilted. I think!

How about underwater bridge repairs???

Nope Neil, Bodge Deep was nearly there but as I said, his answer was only 50% correct! But people focussed on the wrong 50%! Or it could be argued that he was actually 75% correct!

Maybe there is water/liquid behind the wall, in the tank to the left, whatever he is doing will release this into the compartment he is standing in and fill it up, hence the scuba gear. Is he demonstrating how to fix and survive an accidental breach in the wall/lock gate or similar.

OK - BD said "Submarine escape practice tank?" and was 50% right.

REME - to the best of my knowledge have nothing do with Subs so I assume the practice tank part was the 50% right part - if the slanted bar indicate the position of the water normally rather than canting the tank it would imply a shore-line or beach line and the only thing I can think of REME wearing that gear in the water for is in conjunction with a BARV. I seem to recall the Sherman BARV's being fitted with Divers ladders to allow tow ropes to be attached underwater

Ergo all that's left is recovery of vehicles from an invasion beach or river crossing???

Maybe there is water/liquid behind the wall, in the tank to the left, whatever he is doing will release this into the compartment he is standing in and fill it up, hence the scuba gear. Is he demonstrating how to fix and survive an accidental breach in the wall/lock gate or similar.

There is no tank on the left. You are correct the tank he is in does fill up with water, hence the scuba gear. But you haven't quite got to the reason for it filling.

OK - BD said "Submarine escape practice tank?" and was 50% right.

REME - to the best of my knowledge have nothing do with Subs so I assume the practice tank part was the 50% right part - if the slanted bar indicate the position of the water normally rather than canting the tank it would imply a shore-line or beach line and the only thing I can think of REME wearing that gear in the water for is in conjunction with a BARV. I seem to recall the Sherman BARV's being fitted with Divers ladders to allow tow ropes to be attached underwater

Ergo all that's left is recovery of vehicles from an invasion beach or river crossing???

Getting very warm Neil. You are too focussed on a BARV although this procedure could be applied to it.

unfouling the propellors (or screws) of landing crafts

Nope, although landing craft are part of it they are more of a secondary role to the answer.

So we should now have got submarines, BARVs & to some degree landing craft out of the way..........

Edited by fv1609

Nope, although landing craft are part of it they are more of a secondary role to the answer.

So we should now have got submarines, BARVs & to some degree landing craft out of the way..........

anything to do with working on drowned vehicles that have offloaded from landing craft?