auto gearboxes in boats like a DUKW or stolly?

tankmaniac

You could argue that there is a lot wrong with a lot of vehicles, Say the Matador. I have owned 2 and still have one, but when you look at the Su-Coe with diff locks, built at a similar time you wonder why the Matador never had them. Or the Matador Air compresssor that doesn't pump when you have the clutch held down. It has a four speed winch, but the manual tells you you can only use first and second. Utterly stupid!

Similarly you have the Pioneer/Explorer, supposed to be a recovery tractor, but only one speed on the winch, and you can't pay it out under power. And no inbuilt Ground Anchors.

But we love them nevertheless. As I say if I was given a Stolly I would keep it and use it, It is just I don't like them enough to ever go out and buy one. It is not a question of money, If I won the lottery, I still wouldn't buy one(i just don't like them enough) , but one for free...YES PLEASE.

Edited by antarmike

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think your lucky mike...its a bug i dont recommend you get..my problem is I like them all, no matter their warts. Its why I want everything but limit myself to just a handful...and the money I was hopping for has not materialised.. so my museum ambitions are on hold for a while longer...