Plce

chevpol

ok folks

I have won off ebay a nearly complete set of 1990 dated webbing, whats puzzling me is that on top of the ammo pouches, there are plastic buckle halves (female), what attaches to these?

Also, does anybody have a cemo/cefo list for this set of webbing?

Finally, the bayonet frog has a buckle on the top (male), what does this attach to (I assume used when not on the webbing?)

TTFN

Mark

ok folks

Finally, the bayonet frog has a buckle on the top (male), what does this attach to (I assume used when not on the webbing?)

TTFN

Mark

Are you clear on your description of 'A Buckle on top of the 'Frog'. do you mean a Black plastic SCABBARD. Or a plain green or DPM Cammo pattern nylon webbing 'Over Scabbard'?

If it's the Over Scabbard you refer to as a 'Frog'. Then the scabbard or Sheath to give it, it's INCORRECT title. Slips INSIDE the over scabbard / frog & the Male half of the buckle rotates over 180 dgrees & clips into the TOP of the plastic scabbard to retain it.

On the rear of the overscabbard/ frog is usually a pair of brass 'C' hooks. also a web belt loop. The hooks are for positioning the frog/ overscabbard sheath to equipment or CBA wherever the wearer desires.

The over scabbard usualy has a label inside calling it a FROG.

There is available, a large black plastic clip which also clips into the top of the black plastic bayonet scabbard when the bayonet is worn with parade dress (No:2's) which enables attachment to a green nylon belt.

I hope this clarifies things & is of some use to you?

Mike....:coffee:

Are you clear on your description of 'A Buckle on top of the 'Frog'. do you mean a Black plastic SCABBARD. Or a plain green or DPM Cammo pattern nylon webbing 'Over Scabbard'?

If it's the Over Scabbard you refer to as a 'Frog'. Then the scabbard or Sheath to give it, it's INCORRECT title. Slips INSIDE the over scabbard / frog & the Male half of the buckle rotates over 180 dgrees & clips into the TOP of the plastic scabbard to retain it.

On the rear of the overscabbard/ frog is usually a pair of brass 'C' hooks. also a web belt loop. The hooks are for positioning the frog/ overscabbard sheath to equipment or CBA wherever the wearer desires.

The over scabbard usualy has a label inside calling it a FROG.

There is available, a large black plastic clip which also clips into the top of the black plastic bayonet scabbard when the bayonet is worn with parade dress (No:2's) which enables attachment to a green nylon belt.

I hope this clarifies things & is of some use to you?

Mike....:coffee:

thanks for that, I didnt realise that there were 2 parts to the bayonet carrier,, it is the over scabbard I have got

All the best

Mark

• 2 months later...