got an idea...to help everyone

paulob1

I am for my sins a bit of a biker lover...and am a member of the kettle club and emergency help group...the gist of the group is that members who are willing to help in some way provide their contact details and it is published annually on a cardboard sheet for everyone to carry when travelling. SO they can call someone locally and see if they can help the broken down biker if they can...

After hearing about the saladin breaking down just a few tens of miles from me.. I could have saved him a fortune by bringing him back to my place initially Guildford and either him sorting repairs there with my extensive tool kit, or organised proper transport back to his home...

Its just a thought, is anyone else as benevolent as me....or wanting to help...most of you guys always seem real keen to help, I would have really enjoyed myself and i would not charge 1180 quid...ouch...just petrol money please...

I am definitely getting full breakdown cover from now on but it just seems to me people can and do want to help...

any takers...do we start something like this...

Great work Paul - I like it and there is a section on HMVF that ONLY members can see but may be as Lee has pointed out it can get crawled.

I am in but my mechanical skills are as good as my spelling but can pick up or tow and offer a bed (tent) if needs be!

Good stuff

Jack

Okay we are up and running...I have sent the first pass of the details i need to stat this...didnt want to be volunteering to administer it but looks like i have opened my big mouth and need to see it through...

I dont think we want to post peoples details on the forum even in secure locations but i will be planning to send out a plastic waterproof data sheet with names and numbers only and area help can be offered. For those interested, but with few skills or machines even local knowledge can be useful, so calling someone nearby who knows someone who can offer this and that kind of help is useful...

I would like to see a listing on the forum for the emergency help group...where people could post when help was given etc...and people could find out how to join the group...I will PM lee and ask his advise on this...

So those who want to help and can help even if its just a body or access to yellow pages its going to be useful to someone in a bit of a pickle...get a pm to me

Oh by the way guys this should only be used for trips in your military vehicles, not for days out in the car etc...but I gues you all know that...