G'Day from sunny Western Australia

Hello all,

Just a quick note of introduction from the dry central wheatbelt of WA. My name is Phill Hastings and I seem to collect Military vehicles which are primarily of British design or origin. I have been heavily involved in preserving Vintage and Military vehicles since 1979. Currently up to my armpits in eight Landrovers, three Ferrets, a mk1 Scout Carrier and a Caterpillar D4 lend lease.

I'm especially enamoured with the technical design and physical utility of Military vehicles and equipment. Looking forward to making new and lasting friendships on this site which I found while researching my 'Carrier, Scout Mk 1L'. Phill

Welcome Phil and thank you for the introduction. Sounds like you are busy - but when you have 5 minutes make your way over to the clubhouse, we have cold Fosters on tap........!

- no crocs in the clubhouse bar please, it tends to upset Tony B...

Hello gentlemen and Thanks for the warm welcome, sorry no but I'm not a fosters drinker. I originally hale from New South Wales so Tooheys is my weapon of choice !

In the fullness of time I will try to get some pics of my toys posted up as well as other snippets etc

Cheers and thanks again

Phill

Hi Phill, I am new as well ,my name is Rosemary from Western Australia,and I am helping to restore an antiaircraft gun for the R.S.L. in Blanchetown Adelaide, I am trying to get some tyres for it 900x13 would you know anyone that might have some for sale, anyway have hun

• 1 year later...

G'day Phil,

I thought that your drink would be a Swan. Welcome, are you a member of the Military Section of the Veteran Car Club of W.A in Perth. Have been a couple of times and know quite a few members. I was there last March, just got out when you had that bad Thunder storm that did all that damage.

Regards,

Dave