Running MK1 fv432 on Diesel mix?

mac_xpert

Question

9 answers to this question

Just out of curiousity.

Is there a "safe" ratio of diesel to petrol that could be run on a B60 or B81? Something along the lines of the engine is not too happy but it will run?

Has anyone tried it or would it result in a big bang?

(Not something I'm willing to try with 00 EC 13)

Just out of curiousity.

Is there a "safe" ratio of diesel to petrol that could be run on a B60 or B81? Something along the lines of the engine is not too happy but it will run?

Has anyone tried it or would it result in a big bang?

(Not something I'm willing to try with 00 EC 13)

I would of thought you would be safe with a ratio of zero:1 :-D

My ferret arrived with a small quantity of red diesel in the tank. They will burn the diesel, but it will be smoky. We have tried a ferret on petrol diesel mix (mostly petrol) and it's not good! It will smoke like a 432!

same for the b81 and she does even less to the gallon as the diesel is only partially burnt and provides little or no power to the stroke and so all you are doing is reducing the petrol mix in the engine and producing a lot of smoke....the b81 will run on paraffin mix and other mixes i am told...but petrol engines just dont like diesel, thats it...and problems arise if you try,....

Adding diesel to petrol is likely to wash the bores and get premature wear, not worth contemplating. Same with adding paraffin, unlikely to get a B Range engine hot enough as the inlet manifold is opposite side to the exhaust, making it nearly impossible to vapourise. Take a look at any old TVO tractor and you will understand.