Ford GTB "Burma Jeep" Blog

The canvas is as good as useless for the passenger! its certainly not a place i want to sit for too long. Thankfully the drivers seat is well protected as its virtually just off centre of the truck.

They were originally supplied with canvas doors that would save the passenger but i have had them made yet, plus i wouldn't fancy driving on the road with doors on, visibility is somewhat limited as it is.

maybe a candidate for a caption competition!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well the GTB made it to the Winter Rally and back:D a total journey of 792 miles.

we had a few problems on the way that were put down to the NOS distributor that i fitted the week before! so the original one went back in and problem solved. We also had a fuel problem on the saturday whilst on the drive out that turned out to be a small piece of gasket paper jammed in the main jet! a quick strip down in the snow and all was well.

The truck behaved very well, and averaged about a 11MPG, cruised at 40-45 mph, we had seven people on board plus all the luggage and a mountain of beer! so she was well loaded up. some of the hills in the Ardennes were a long and slow affair, but we got there in the end.

Saturday saw the lowest temperatures of -16 DegC!!!!! thankfully it didn't seem to bother the GTB, unlike it occupants! To top off a great weekend the GTB won "Best in Show" :D:D:D:D:beer:

I think i can consider this restoration finished, on to the next one!!!:nut:

P2040001.jpg

P2040013.jpg

P2050021.jpg

P2060033.jpg

Edited by RMS