Ford GTB "Burma Jeep" Blog

Superb restoration Barry,can i ask what paint have you used and which company supplied it.

cheer's

stu

Thanks, the paint is from Universal jeep, its very very close to the paint on the NOS air filter i have fitted to it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did a 30 mile round trip to collect a tent in the GTB last night, it really is a great truck to drive very easy to throw around and goes along very well (empty!), well and truly chuffed:D

• 3 weeks later...

well after a great overlord show work continues on the GTB

Spare wheel mount made, modified LWB GMC mount. got it in there in the end the fit is very tight under the body.

Second windscreen repaired and fitted for now, i am going to make two new windscreens out of ally some time soon

wipers fitted along with vacuum pipes

work has started on the cab hood bows, just made two of the corner pieces today.

all wood and metal ordered to make the rear troop seats and hood bows, even got NOS hood bow Corners:D:D

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

took the GTB out to day to stretch her legs a bit to collect some logs, before the rain sets in for the summer!

work on the troop seats and hood bows is continuing at a slow pace. Spare wheel mount and cab bows painted and fitted.

P7050001.jpg

P7050003.jpg

Edited by RMS

• 3 months later...

Work has slowed up in the last few months, doing some work in Sri lanka and getting married all takes up too much time!

i did start to make the rear hood bows and troop seats, was about halfway into it when a set turned up in france! always the way! so they have been purchased and will be fitted next month. The canvas is in Progress thanks to Jim and Allied Canvas, fingers crossed will have it all together before Christmas. also modified a trailer socket to mount a standard 7 pin socket insde, worked out well, now have some LED rear lights on magnetic plates for longer trips

Were planning a trip to the Belgium winter rally next year, driving the GTB, Dodge 1/2 ton and maybe another 1/2 ton, so that's my aiming point to have it all finished.

DSCN0173.jpg

Edited by RMS

• 1 month later...

work has continued at a slow pace, sorting the rear hoops and seats out, and working out a few niggly problems in preparation for the winter rally. taking the props off one at a time stripping and cleaning the uj's as i found some would not grease up properly due to hardened grease in the grease channels, slow work but worth the effort.

got a winch chain, new winch wire coming next week.

IMG_0050.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

collected the canvas today from Jim and Martin at Allied Forces, they have done a fantastic job, very happy.

started fitting up the cab canvas this afternoon, all fitting spot on so far. some pics over the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, the canvas turned out great.

had to change the water pump today as when i got the workshop this morning it had decided to leak over the weekend! thankfully i had a new one on the shelf. just doing the final prep work to ready it for the Winter rally later this week.