Replica Schwimvagen...

mark m uk

Wow - never seen that 'square' prototype befor :shocked:

That is a stunning picture. I have plans to make a 128 replica next, not exactly a prototype, but a rare beast and a proper challange.

Thanks for posting those pictures.

Me neither, do not know the background on that one.

Just saw your website, here's hoping for a good response. What about adding the Porsche Typ 62 prototype Kübelwagen to your portfolio? That thing would be a hoot to drive!

type62frontside2lm.jpg

type62backside1st.jpg

Edited by mcspool
added pictures

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep :D

Your timing is impecable - launched the website today.

Have a peek and let me know what you think :)

http://www.schwimmwagenreplica.com/

I sent a email throughthis forum a month ago, must hev been deliverd in your junkmail?

About the site, its not clear what you offer (have to thoroughly read it later).

Edit;

OK, took another look.

You basically describe what you make and let people contact you for info?

Wouldn't it be a idea to give a ballpark figure of the costs to buy one and time to built etc?

I am a bit interested in one if I can afford it and get the info on Dutch legalities to import and roadlegality etc.

Edited by Enigma
Add some more comments

Yep, your right - I need to get some idea of costs up.

The site does need tweaking in a lot of ways - but I am not so good with computers and this is my first attempt.

Lots to do, and comments like yours are very helpful - I will get a price up as soon as I can, the hold up is an accounting one - all to do with VAT. I will not bore you with it, but rest assured I will put one up as soon as my accountant has had a reply from the VAT office, and I have benifit of that proffessional advice.

Yep, your right - I need to get some idea of costs up.

The site does need tweaking in a lot of ways - but I am not so good with computers and this is my first attempt.

Lots to do, and comments like yours are very helpful - I will get a price up as soon as I can, the hold up is an accounting one - all to do with VAT. I will not bore you with it, but rest assured I will put one up as soon as my accountant has had a reply from the VAT office, and I have benifit of that proffessional advice.

Glad te be a bit helpful here.

Sounds like you are busy getting it all sorted.

• 4 months later...

New (ish) to the site, and luckily had a slack day at work yesterday to lol about and read "the" forums. Luckily Ive just got me jeep and fulfilled a lifetimes ambition....well mostly. I sat in a GPA when I was a lad too and have been amphibious daft ever since. Lottery win would = a DUKW or a GPA or anything floaty drivey to be honest.

Mark your Schkill and vision with this wagen are jaw droppin. It looks superb and how anyone could detract would baffle me, they would clearly need to take a dip in a lake with out a schwimwagen ! I know its bin a while since you completed but I hope you are still justifiably proud of her. Beltring this year ? I will hunt you down and shake your hand. To my shame I am envious but temper that with heaps of respect for doing it, really doing it and floating it and sharing your efforts with muppets like me.

Right whens the kit out ???? That said I reckon a GPA rep could be on the cards, I reckon I handle that (yeah right)

Nick

• 6 years later...