e bay

just bought two so called military style camp beds off e bay seemed simple enough he delivers i pay the money then he leaves when i open beds up one has the end cap broken off useless the other one takes someone with the strength of a body builder to put up contacted seller who says it was ok when he delivered it lying thief . morale is dont trust nobody i have had to learn yet another lesson the hard way

just bought two so called military style camp beds off e bay seemed simple enough he delivers i pay the money then he leaves when i open beds up one has the end cap broken off useless the other one takes someone with the strength of a body builder to put up contacted seller who says it was ok when he delivered it lying thief . morale is dont trust nobody i have had to learn yet another lesson the hard way

A 3 foot crowbar is a normal esential for strecthing them anyway.

I have a US military one from GW 1 a UK one and a very nice ALDI copy

They all require tarzan to get the end bars on

There is a knack to it but the easiest way is 2 people grunting together.

TED

And this is just to put them up! I thought they also came with a warning about 'Heavy Use'. :cool2:

As for feedback , who puts it in?

Doesn't anyone on here know that the knack to get these beds together is to wipe the covers over with a damp cloth?

It may sound stupid that you take a damp cloth to the bed you want to sleep on, but it does allow the fibres in the material to stretch. To prove a point at Beltring this year I got my friends 14 year old son to try to put one up. He gave up so I handed it to my 5 year old son, but this time dampened it down. My son put it together, and with the warm sun on it, it was taught as a drum again in minutes.

Try it and any of you that save your arms, fingers and other bits of your anatomy by following this advice can feel free to buy me a drink!

Fold out the bed and put bar on at one end, stand bed upright with the bar already in place at the top, now put one side of the bed into the bar on the floor, put your foot on the end of the bar that isnt in place yet and use the bed as a big lever, pull into position and voila. Used to work on my American issue version.