off to poland on sunday

paulob1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no vehicles today just organising and meetings...those done now and tomorrow off to see the trucks...then the skots then the star 66 and 266 and maybe just maybe tatra 813's hope to buy a goodish gaz 69 tomorrow too...

okay just missed the last brdm being sold, will talk to the guys about spares though, the owner has a pristine brdm 1 so I am sure he can get spares...I have fallen for

Star 660...full diff locks petrol engine from around the 60/70's...not very fast but looks as if it will be great in the mud...

Ural 375d...

and a star 266 with diesel engine, this is a really modern trruck but am worried about having to fit a tacho and side bars in the UK...really dont want to have to do that...at what age do you have to have these fitted for the MOT...anyone know

I have seen a few skots, nothing very good...hoping to find more..and have a man with four 813's that look as if they have been worked very hard so may get them very cheap...

Am very interested in the sp 122 guns they have and the galil missile carrier....not bad prices but i haven started the proper negotiations yet...and delivery to the Uk is a big cost..makes cheap vehicles not cheap anymore...but we are having a good deal of fun playing and looking, have loads of photos will post them when I get back...

thats good news as the two urals are 1984/1983 models...i really do not want to fit tachos and side safety bars...

It's all down to the person you get at VOSA if you are going the test route. I've spoke to several examiners from VOSA and they all have different views on the subject. A mate who is a copper owned a Bedford MJ for 12 years and sold it last year because the test centre insisted he fitted under run bars, rear bumpers and tacho. His was a cargo though and down rated and tested every year. He said it wasn't economical to carry on owning it for what he used it for. The year before it went straight through with no problems.:-|

not sure a ural 375d will ever be economical as a commercial truck, its more the fun of ownership...if you are using them commercially okay there may be an argument to have the full set of safety bars fitted. But as its a classic ex military vehicle from the 60's, even if it was still in production until the mid eigthies...it should really be left alone...its not as if its going to be doing many millions of miles up and down motorways etc...but understand about which office it goes too.

hey i need all the details i can get if you can contact him...manuals are my first chase...then anything to do with servicing etc and operating etc would be really good, english or polish...

Am back now, gaz is running around my place, brakes need sorting, master cylinder leaking, seals gone and canvas has gone fragile and needs a new one...but she runs fine if a bit choked, think she needs a good run... but will sell this one as I am not into small jeeps...

they are now fetching silly prices...but the onep[ictured fully restored is not for sale, but it would be of the order of about 15000, plus delivery to the UK...say another 1200 to 1500 quid at the worst...but truthfully they are like hens teeth at the moment...although i may have just found that elusive hen...will let you know..

reply they are in the 10-15k range depending upon condition...I will be bringing one back with a radar unit sometime this year, although at this rate maybe next year...have to sell my gaz 69 commanders car and my two urals and star 660's first...well i might do anyway...will have a lot of stock soon...