off to poland on sunday

paulob1

I am taking a trip out to poland to check out some of the military dealers and things...am looking to purcahse a few trucks and maybe a few other military vehicles, then have the fun of getting them back to the UK...another adventure...anyone fancy a trip to Poland then driving back in a skot 0t 64 or a ural 4320 etc...just for the hell of it...partially joking....

I am planning on driving and trailering the loads myself, the cost of delivery is too high now and therefore I need to bring them back in my own time at my cost not someone elses profit and at even 5 mpg I can do it for less than half the cost per vehicle using a delivery firm, even a polish one...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an adventure, have fun! I'd love to join in but keep failing my Cat C :(

Stone

One pice of advice given to me before the D test by the examiner that helped a lot. Take a couple of Asprin an hour or so before test, avoids you tensing up so much. Good luck! Though you can always visit Poland and buy one. Frigtening thought after we go through to get any proffesional licence.

If you find such a thing - I'm after the snap-in mount for the PKT as fitted to the SKOT-64 turret.......

I am looking at about 20 skots so will keep my eye open neil...

am really looking forward to this trip...pouring over loads of ex military trucks and things, cant wait...

Sounds like an adventure, have fun! I'd love to join in but keep failing my Cat C :(

Stone

First time I failed becuase i was too hesitant..cods wallop in my eyes...

second time I failed because i hit a cone...that was totally unbelievable first and only time I had hit a cone throught out my week long course...dumb ass I am...

third time I passed but it was the worst of the three in my opinion

am really looking forward to this trip...pouring over loads of ex military trucks and things, cant wait...

Thanks Paul !! You lucky devil you!!!! :)

Did you manage to speak to Tim at the show about his Saracen??? If not - and you are still interested - I have his phone number now and will PM it to you.

Look out for the Polish mosquitoes if you are near to lakes or waterways, their bites can be horrendous if they take a liking to you.:shake:

Here is a good phrase to start you off, spelt phonetically:

Gen dobry, yak share mash? = Good day, how are you?

dave sure will...all depends on how i get on...to be honest the thought of buying them and having them trailered seems daft to me...I want to drive them back and make it an adventure, okay so it may get boring after the 50th time but who cares...Anyway I have a lot to organise first, not least will be the paperwork,,,and bringing the trucks back driving means they have to be registered first but i am working on this issue...

No, Richard is a fine chap and a professional, and he has been very very helpful recently...he does it for a living I am doing this for a bit of fun for the moment.. I want to use my buying power to help me build up my complete fleet, SO I WILL BE SELLING A FEW OF THE TOYS TO KEEP FUNDING MY AMBITIONS...:-D..and I WANT TO TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH TO POLAND AND EASTERN EUROPE PLAYING WITH TRUCKS AND MILITARY STUFF... :-D

I love the military hardware, but I want to drive them not look at them so this seems like the ideal bit of fun for me...I have the time generally so am keen to give this a go...

So if anyone wants a truck let me know..

first day, 749 miles and saw hotel at midnight...so we headed in...about 100 miles from poznan so will finish the journey tomorrow morning...was easy journey and but for having the kids we could have made it in three or four hours less time...dad can I STOP FOR A YOU KNOW WHAT, MY LEGS ARE STIFF, DAD i AM HUNGRY, DAD I AM THRISTY...YOU ALL KNOW THE LINES...anyway so far so good...just chilling in the Motelr Petro on the a2 to poznan...got a very busy schedule planned but am also thinking of detouring via prague...just a though for the moment depends upon how the week goes...

first day, 749 miles and saw hotel at midnight...so we headed in...about 100 miles from poznan so will finish the journey tomorrow morning...was easy journey and but for having the kids we could have made it in three or four hours less time...dad can I STOP FOR A YOU KNOW WHAT, MY LEGS ARE STIFF, DAD i AM HUNGRY, DAD I AM THRISTY...YOU ALL KNOW THE LINES...anyway so far so good...just chilling in the Motelr Petro on the a2 to poznan...got a very busy schedule planned but am also thinking of detouring via prague...just a though for the moment depends upon how the week goes...

Enjoy the trip mate - and like Lee says - don't forget the photos for when you get back!! :)