How Many casualties

Topdog

There must have been far more casualties that ambulance was non stop! and always seemed to be heading into americas field.word at the farm was americas was as bad as south central LA.

I even got involved in a drive by whilst out in the 5 o I was ambushed by the Barmy Army with super soakers!

Probably also some normal accidents, wasp stings for example (Dan101's little Daughter).

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't they just bring the police in, chuck them and their parents in chokey for a few hours, crush the vehicles and put 'em up in front of the beak, After a few people had been made examples of the problem would quickly cease.

It would cost them entry fees. The last time I went down there, after the show, to help a friend pick up some kit, a couple of children, about ten or eleven insisted on racing about on scramble motorbikes sprying me and the Range rover with mud, when I very political incorectly told them I was displeased One little S*** comes out with 'My Dad owns the place'. So the attitude is set from the top. :argh:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Display flying and pleasure flights are two different things.

Crowd overflight is allowed in the course of taking off and landing. As the operator would need an AOC, the site would be approved for use.

Turbine helicopters are noisy though.....!

Cheers ,what about the noise levels there must be max alowed it just seems daft to subject so many people to so much noise ,dust etc every 4 minutes.i would like to get hold of the rules that govern this.:-Dcw

Cheers ,what about the noise levels there must be max alowed it just seems daft to subject so many people to so much noise ,dust etc every 4 minutes.i would like to get hold of the rules that govern this.:-Dcw

Rest assured that at MM the helicoptor is well away from the MV area, right where the old booking in was last year, so for you CW it will be quiet and you can look upon the Germans with QUIET :-D

Its not surprising that the War and Peace show has so many incidents due to the massive amount of people that it attracts. Having sat through safety briefings for events at Bovington, where its risks assessments, yellow jackets and training galore - its wonder how more people haven't been injured or killed at W&P.

At previous years of War and Peace shows, I have witnessed things comparable to the start of Casualty. People walking behind moving vehicles, sticking there hands where hands should not be stuck...

I hear a rumour some one had been found drowned in the stream by the area, supposedly fell in the previous night. Hope its just a rumour.

Its a rumour.

This is what happened.

A woman and a dog were reported missing last seen around the stream by the

area at about 1.30 pm.

Red shirts were sent to the aera to look for the woman + dog,

the fire service and Doctor were sent just in case she had fallen in the stream.

She was found safe and sound.

Its not surprising that the War and Peace show has so many incidents due to the massive amount of people that it attracts. Having sat through safety briefings for events at Bovington, where its risks assessments, yellow jackets and training galore - its wonder how more people haven't been injured or killed at W&P.

At previous years of War and Peace shows, I have witnessed things comparable to the start of Casualty. People walking behind moving vehicles, sticking there hands where hands should not be stuck...

But people have been killed at war and peace. Some years ago in fact. A tragic accident.

Well so far it looks like ,rotors running whilst refueling.:nono:Passengers released from holding area heading to loading point whilst aircraft still in motion:nono:i think there fencing is inadequate as it was easilly breached by a child on a bike.:nono:I saw no patrolling of the perimeter by any member of the staff at any time.:nono:I dont believe the area between the furthest landing point and the little tanks was sufficient in the case of an emergency.:nono::shocked:and thats just for starters.i would like to see there risk assesment,i wonder if its available.cw.

It was a re enactor in a canoe doing a cockle shell heroes if i remember correctly.

Turned over and couldnt right the canoe at night in the dark on a tidal streach of the river.not the best of ideas.Sad waste of life.

Well so far it looks like ,rotors running whilst refueling.:nono:Passengers released from holding area heading to loading point whilst aircraft still in motion:nono:i think there fencing is inadequate as it was easilly breached by a child on a bike.:nono:I saw no patrolling of the perimeter by any member of the staff at any time.:nono:I dont believe the area between the furthest landing point and the little tanks was sufficient in the case of an emergency.:nono::shocked:and thats just for starters.i would like to see there risk assesment,i wonder if its available.cw.

Don't forget we had a smaller landing area & same fencing at the Bunker Bash, if you recall the CAA paid us a visit for a spot check, despite grounding the Helicopter for almost two hours while they carried out the checks on the helicopter, landing area, firefighting equipoment & paperwork, everything was A1 & they gave us the thumbs up:-D

Don't forget we had a smaller landing area & same fencing at the Bunker Bash, if you recall the CAA paid us a visit for a spot check, despite grounding the Helicopter for almost two hours while they carried out the checks on the helicopter, landing area, firefighting equipoment & paperwork, everything was A1 & they gave us the thumbs up:-D

They did Lee but they werent overflying us as i remember.and werent so easilly accesable by little willie on his bike.:-D

I don't want to be embroiled in the helicopter row but needless to say -

There were some practices going on which were certainly against CAA regulations and the pilot should have known better.

Oh as a matter of fact - you don't have to land into the wind. It's better if you can - but pilots are trained to land with the wind behind them as landing into wind is not always feasable.

I can understand the pilot wanting to land into wind but he should have avoided flying over people and buildings.

In the event of an engine failure, the pilot does need to maintain 60 knots to enter into autorotation but can of course turn the aircraft 180 degrees into the wind.

Anyway - he blew my gazebo to bits so I was quite happy to give him the V sign as he flew over!!!

There were some practices going on which were certainly against CAA regulations and the pilot should have known better.

Oh as a matter of fact - you don't have to land into the wind. It's better if you can - but pilots are trained to land with the wind behind them as landing into wind is not always feasable.

I can understand the pilot wanting to land into wind but he should have avoided flying over people and buildings.

In the event of an engine failure, the pilot does need to maintain 60 knots to enter into autorotation but can of course turn the aircraft 180 degrees into the wind.

Anyway - he blew my gazebo to bits so I was quite happy to give him the V sign as he flew over!!!

Thanks for the info.

Just goes to show I'm not as wise as I thought... :-D

And there was me thinking this was the after-effects of the curry!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was a re enactor in a canoe doing a cockle shell heroes if i remember correctly.

Turned over and couldnt right the canoe at night in the dark on a tidal streach of the river.not the best of ideas.Sad waste of life.

I think you'll find it was 2 young lads in broad daylight, who were indeed re-enacting the Cockleshell heroes. I believe it was out the back of the Americas field on the Medway. There were people on the banks. One lad had his kit on the canoe, one on his back. The canoe went over and the latter was gone, to be found a good while later by search teams.

A tragic accident and loss, which as ever shows how dangerous life can be?