Austin K30, K2 and K3 register

Radek

Hi Richard

He was the guy who bought it off me. sad to hear he`s died. but you are spot on with the fact that it was a domestic fire tender. For use on the airfield buildings etc.

At the time that when I started to restore the Austin the info that I got was that the domestic fire tender was a conversion from GS lorries so I rebuilt it back as GS.

Do you know who bought it for spares?

I have to delete from the lorry register the No. 24

It looks like that this one is based on K2/Y Ambulance chassis. Graeme Sty abdated his K2/Y register and add many pictures of Ambulances and this one is there to. The owner is Mr. Brooks. :yay:

24 austin1.jpg

No, but it was on Ebay. I think if you delve deep in the forum there will have been some chat on it.

I don´t know the name of the buyer, but he has many parts for Bedfords for sell. The advert for the K2 breaking for parts was on milweb.

Radek

Hi, Redec,

Maybe you should find a British WWll vehicle with a GS body and take details from it or even better try and contact the museum in Victoria Australia see if they can take a few dimentions from the one they have. its a bit of get as much info as you can and the draw up some plans.

I think that the photo should be with this message, a trio of Austins at a show in Oldham, way back in the 80s

Trio of Austins.jpg

Hi Here are shots of my Austin k2 from when I first bought it back in 1977.

Tony,

I´m sorry to see the K2 you obviously lovingly restored, in the end still succumbed to rust and was parted out.

This raises the question how many of HMV´s restored in the 1960s and 1970s met the same fate?

Hanno

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello.

My name is Kjell and live in Norway.

Have 2 Austin K3 GS Lorry .Tok som pictures of the last one i found some years ago.

its not restured yet but is in good original condisjon. Engine runs great but the brakes need some work.

Looks like there have been some of these around here . I have collected parts of sevrell that has ben wrecked .

Perhaps someone can help me with some history on this truck?

Inside 2.jpg

Under the bonnit    WOR 74563S L.jpg

Behind engine K3 YB 26516.jpg

Hood ornament missing.jpgThe hood ornament hawe been remowed on all K3 trucks i hawe seen here i Norway i think it had something to do with Norvegian trafficroules. Does anyone hawe one to sell me or swap? I hawe some NOS parts for Austin and Bedford as well, not all identified.

Kjell

Inside 1.jpg

Frame.jpg

On the left door.jpg

• 6 months later...

Kjell PM send. ;-)

I have updated my register and now we have 27 (-2 scraped) (+2 Kjells) lorries.

I am so happy that I can add the 3th K30 from England. :D

From the register I have deleted civilian lorries in military markings, sorry guys. I hope that you are understing to me.

I am preparing chart of this survivers, guys-owners please help me with filling it. If you will be so kind and send me any basic info about your lorries - type, chassis No. year of manufactur and owners name. If you know any history of your babies please let me know. :cool2:

Cheers Radek

Austin K30/YK 1940 Zdeněk Marcín

02 K30YK Zdenek Marcin.jpg

Austin K30 1940 Radek Marcín

01 k30 Radek Marcin.jpg

Austin K3 Colin Murray

03 colin 1.jpg

Unknow scrpa yard in UK

04 scrap.JPG

Austin K3 "Vera Lynne"

05 vera lynne 2.jpg

Austin K2 ex Tony - scraped

06 PBU344 parts 1.jpg

Austin K2

07 SSV293 austin-k2-2-ton-gs-ssv-293.jpg

Austin K3

08 k3 2.jpg

09 nsk 160 2.jpg

Edited by Radek

I have deleted last picture in the previos post. She has new paint and new markings. Here is her picture.

Unkow - was on WP show this year

09 nsk 14543909_641299519384574_7156307483116901781_o.jpg

National Military Vehicle Museum in Elizabeth, near Adelaide

10 Australian National Military Vehicle Museum  in Elizabeth, near Adelaide.jpg

uknow Austin K3 Australia

11 Australia k3 1.jpg

Austin K2 "Bonne" Henk Minne

12 Henk Minne bone.jpg

Austin K3 Paul Wright

13 311XUH Paul Wright.jpg

Austin K2

14 SCE206 austin k.jpg

Austin K2

15 austin-k2.jpg

Austin K2

16 austin-k2.jpg

Austin K3 - now in Czech Rep. in new colour and markings

17 austin-k2.jpg

unknow - was on WP show this year

18 WVS934 Bg4Ijqg!mk~$(KGrHqEH-D0EsLM3CdkCBLG9PwqnbQ~~_12.jpg

unknow

19 gbaustink6001-01.jpg

unknow

20 J9268 Save0161.JPG

unknow

21 austin.jpg

Austin K3Y Civil Defence Column Rescue Vehicle Jim Hay

22 GUU25 1939 Austin K3Y Civil Defence Column Rescue Vehicle Jim Hay.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have sad news. Henk Minne has passed away. :-( His daughter selling "Bonne Shaker"

Here is information from Hanno Spoelstra

Here are the details as provided by Henk's daughter Angelique:

• The Austin is dry stored, and can remain there until further notice.
  • Currently the rear brakes are not working, but all (new) components for the repair are included in the sale.
  • No current Dutch registration, but all paperwork is present to register it.
  • Henk wanted to get €6000.- for the truck, so this is Angelique's asking price.
  • For genuinely interested parties, please contact Angelique Minne by email (click on her name).

Here's hoping this threads helps to find a new good home for this truck.

Hanno

SAM_4465.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all, I have just dragged this chassis and engine out of a shed at our unit that needed clearing.

From having a look at the engine I believe it is from a K series Austin, it looks like this chassis is from the same vehicle. The chassis has a VIN plate with number - can anyone help me identify it from the VIN number?

Also it is for sale if anyone is interested, as whilst I would love to keep it and make something of it, I really dont have the time! I also have a diff, a wheel and a few other bits that may have come off this at some point in the very distant past!

Any help gratefully received!

IMG_4143.thumb.JPG.56f5865437d0a22c8adbc4d2f671127b.JPGIMG_4144.thumb.JPG.16493ae8542c4ac1d42304e43849a354.JPG

IMG_3917.thumb.JPG.39370f781594e96d53d438514b7a668a.JPG

IMG_3916.thumb.JPG.a2623ad82a2cea17932db0e89410e7d2.JPGIMG_3915.thumb.JPG.96942d7246ba2a0cd5d801e155b05351.JPG

IMG_3918.thumb.JPG.d51a6bd645b39c0a651841eb5c6378e4.JPG

Edited by Tev

• 2 weeks later...
On 27. 3. 2018 at 10:00 PM, Tev said:

Hi Tev,

could you send me Chassis serial number, maybe I will help you with identification.

Radek

On 27. 3. 2018 at 10:00 PM, Tev said:

Hi all, I have just dragged this chassis and engine out of a shed at our unit that needed clearing.

From having a look at the engine I believe it is from a K series Austin, it looks like this chassis is from the same vehicle. The chassis has a VIN plate with number - can anyone help me identify it from the VIN number?

Also it is for sale if anyone is interested, as whilst I would love to keep it and make something of it, I really dont have the time! I also have a diff, a wheel and a few other bits that may have come off this at some point in the very distant past!

Any help gratefully received!