Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Good

About Rangie

  • Rank

Personal Information

  • Location
    Caithness, Scotland
  • Interests
    Landies, Rangies, Bedford MLD, General Engineering, Landie Touring/Camping, Hillwalking, Bothying.
  • Occupation
    Instrument Engineer/Project Supervisor

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Keep an eye on ebay. There are 15L and 25L versions. It is a similar system to the British Haybox/Insulator system. An insulator can hold a pot-stand, frying pan and cooking vessel. Fry your meat/onions whatever, put it in the cooking vessel, bring to the boil for however long and then put in the insulator for a predetermined minimum time to cook through/keep hot. Happy hunting, I have found some of a 25L system. I'm mainly looking for the Hydra stuff but will pick up the BVB if it appears for reasonable money. The frying pan is called a Verbratpanner, yep, a sausage pan! Keep CCS updated with your stove adventures, mind! Alec.
  2. Classic Camp Stoves is worth a look, there are translations for the BVB there. Alec.
  3. No, not an angry cat or anything Jaguar related...... I'm after a Growler armature tester if anyone has one lurking unused? PM with details thanks, Alec.
  4. Please try to understand. I have a 2-hole trivet. Ultimately, if it comes to it I will have a crack at making a triple one. I have burners, 3 & 6 gallon dixies, insulators, ovens, chefs box, urns, fry plates, misc kit etc etc. I would like to find an original 3-hole (or another 2-hole), in any condition, to use with my set-up. Thanks for all your suggestions but they are not what I am after, cheers. Alec.
  5. All i'd like to buy is a 3 or 2 hole trivet! Thanks for suggestions. Alec.
  6. Yes, I have several of these, nibbed, un-nibbed and early tinned steel versions. Alec.
  7. Vastly overpriced for one of the common ones! Unless its an unmodified early one which are rocking horse poo, (and I would dearly love to find one), most were updraded to Type Ds' or Type Fs'. The one in the link is a Type D. Alec.
  8. I tried the RLC Museum 3 or 4 years ago and they hadn't anything spare at that time. I may try them again though, good idea. I have a 2-Hole, but I am after another one or a 3-Hole. I can't use the oven and the boilers/fry plate at the same time. I have a good selection of the equipment now, I've been searching for years for the stuff, if I could only find a 3-Hole I would be set! I'm contemplating making up some of the "Stands" for the 6-gallon dixies, the ones that nest inside the insulator with the pan and slot-together. I made up a trench plate the way I think it should be, just to see how it looked. I haven't had the balls to set one in a trench yet, I'd rather see it and any developing issues before it goes out of hand. They are excellent bits of kit to use though. Alec.
  9. The hunt continues.... I am looking for 2 or 3 Hole Pot Trivets, or trench plates (rectangular plate with oval hole) for the Cooker No.1 setup. I appreciate most of these have ended up in the scrap metal bins but thought I would ask again to see if there were any lurking in sheds unused/unwanted! Any condition, happy to use them for patterns. Happy to organise collection. Contact with information please. Thanks, Alec.
  10. I'd be interested in one if they are. I'll dig out my military parts book to see.... Alec.
  11. No, no, that is the correct jet for the modified burner. The plain No.2 Mk2 jets are hexagonal brass carriers with steel inserts. Alec.
  • Create New...