Jump to content

johann morris

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


johann morris last won the day on January 22

johann morris had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

11 Good

About johann morris

  • Rank
    Lance Corporal

Personal Information

  • Location
  1. Panzer 2 turret

    Thanks but its nothing, just flour, sugar, butter, eggs and lots of cream, jam and chocolate. Jon
  2. Panzer 2 turret

    Although I had drawn the suspension arm location shafts on CAD, I decided that I would make a set just to make sure that some plonker, thats me, hadn't cocked up. Well it turns out that I hadn't. The outer bearing housing retainer has an oil seal pressed in to stop the ingress of dirt. Then there's the complete set, bearing housing retainer, shaft, bearings, the relevant spacers and finally, the complete set installed in the hull. The hole in the end of the shaft is for a greasing point that I have to make, see below. I am not going to weld the arm to the shaft until I make the wheel axles and I don't think that I will do that until I have made a wheel. Only 9 more sets to make. Jon
  3. Panzer 2 turret

    Its going quite well apart from a virus that slowed things down somewhat. As you can see the curve on the front of the hull was a success with lots of leverage and heat, which was very welcome in the snow. All ten suspension arms have been fabricated and my next job is to turn the locating arms that locate the suspension arms into the hull. Oh and I made an Easter chocolate cake, which my wife demanded with menaces. Jon Jon
  4. Panzer 2 turret

    I had quite a good day and tomorrow I will hopefully bend the front of the hull. The 4 front bearing houses are tacked in ready to be fully welded when the hull is turned on its side. Jon
  5. Panzer 2 turret

    I am not sure eddy, you have certainly got your hands full with the covenanter. Its a challenge that I would love but I would imagine finding the parts is going to take time, a lot of money and more important than all that absolute dedication to the cause. You have my respect for taking it on and I am looking forwards to the updates. Jon
  6. Panzer 2 turret

    There doesn't really seem much to show you because I have been fabricating and machining lots of components ready to install into the hull. It all takes loads of time for what seems very little result. Firstly sorry for the quality of the pictures the light wasn't very good tonight. As you can see from the pictures ,the main hull has been welded together and over the next week I will attempt to weld the various components in place. I hope by tomorrow night to have rolled the front of the hull but its a major job with my very limited equipment so it may take more than one attempt but we will see. The 3rd and 4th pictures are the inner and outer bearing houses for retaining the radius arms into the hull side and the plates with the holes in are strengthening ribs. First job tomorrow, before rolling the front, is to get the 4 front housings in place and accurately in line. Not an easy job by hand, these housings would have been machined on a special machine so that everything lined up perfectly but I don't have such a machine so fingers crossed. Jon
  7. Panzer38(t) Recreation

    Sounds like a nice project keep us posted and good luck. Jon
  8. Panzer 2 turret

  9. Panzer 2 turret

    I have been beavering away as usual and to tell the truth the turret ring took longer than anticipated but now I have a turret that rotates. I spent this weekend assembling the turret on to the upper hull and fitting all the various components. There are still a few details to finish but on the whole I am quite happy with it and excited to be starting the running gear and lower hull, oh goody. Just for a bit of a change, I got a dummy to stand in the turret but don't tell my son I said that. Jon
  10. Thoughts on the New Forum Layout?

    Revert back to the same format as before but using the new site or at the very least the new threads section. Every time I come on to try and make an effort with the "new improved site", not, I loose the will to live just by visiting the activity page. Why has every new post to every topic got to be displayed, so that you end up with a list just repeating itself. There was nothing wrong with the old system, where it just informed you once, that a topic had been updated and make it all more compact. This new format just replicates sites like facebook and personally I don't use those either. Jon
  11. Panzer 2 turret

    My wife is fantastic but I do wonder how much notice she actually takes. When we went down to the tank museum to take dimensions from their PZ2F, someone asked me what I was doing, my wife overheard the conversation and afterwards asked was the one that I was making the same size as the one that I was measuring, as she thought mine was a small model. This is the person who provides coffee on a regular basis and has watched it grow and she hadn't noticed its size.
  12. Panzer 2 turret

    Thank goodness for that, one less thing to worry about!
  13. Panzer 2 turret

  14. Panzer 2 turret

    Evening all, I have been very busy, the upper hull is complete, painted and waiting for me to make all the fittings. The drivers vision cover is complete. The turret has been painted and the markings applied and now I just need to assemble all the fittings into it. I decided that while I am making other bits it would be nice to have a stand so that I can sit the turret on top of the upper hull and as you can see that's done but I am going to add some casters so that I can move it around easily. I hope Enigma thinks that it all looks ok now that its painted. Jon
  15. New Format

    I don't like the new site, its a shame but I think I will have to find a new home. Jon