Bedford MW fuel pump hand primer

simon king

Rather than draining the battery to pump fuel through the lines from the tank, I want to fit a fuel pump with a hand primer to my Bedford MWR.

Has anyone done this and how did you go about it? I seem to recall reading somewhere that a Champ fuel pump or parts thereof could be used but I cannot find the thread now.

Any advice gratefully received

Yes I have one fitted to my Bedford MW, I used the lower body from a spare champ fuel pump I had as it uses the same hole pattern just swapped the actuating arms over, fitted a new rebuild kit diaphragm, valves etc and away to go :-D I think I might have posted some pics on my restoration blog, hope I've been of help

RR.

Yes I have one fitted to my Bedford MW, I used the lower body from a spare champ fuel pump I had as it uses the same hole pattern just swapped the actuating arms over, fitted a new rebuild kit diaphragm, valves etc and away to go :-D I think I might have posted some pics on my restoration blog, hope I've been of help

RR.

Thanks for that. Very helpful. That will be the next project after finishing the woodwork for the radio bench......

I did the same on my MWR. I have also noticed that some MW owners fit a non return valve after the tank selector to stop the petrol running back to the tanks. Demon Tweeks do them and I am thinking of fitting one. Not original but would help to solve the problem and you will not see it as it is hidden away. Just a thought.