morris commercial cs8

Ausprey

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my 1940 cs8 has a tin foot well, wooden planks up to it then thin tin with the well inside it.

[attach=config]122226[/attach][attach=config]122228[/attach]

thank you if you have the sidepanel can you send me a close photo to ceck the distrbuter hatch

to assemble one thx

found this

thank you mike did you receve my a mail about the foot well plate missing, do you think this is the proper one i should make as a distributer hatch ,

i will need some measurments or a close photo to assemble thaks mike sorry for the trouble .

I do remember discussing CS8 cab floors with Rory Ballard via emails. Rory mentioned that the early/pre war CS8 used a plywood floor and they changed to the planks sometime around 1938/39.

I am still confused to some degree because all of my CS8 have lost their original cab flooring many years ago, rotted away or eaten by termites. Only my PU has the original flooring intact thank goodness.

Brian Cook's drawings are excellent, he measured up the CS8 Compressor truck which is held at Duxford ? I think this is a unmolested CS8 ?

Edited by goanna

I do remember discussing CS8 cab floors with Rory Ballard via emails. Rory mentioned that the early/pre war CS8 used a plywood floor and they changed to the planks sometime around 1938/39.

I am still confused to some degree because all of my CS8 have lost their original cab flooring many years ago, rotted away or eaten by termites. Only my PU has the original flooring intact thank goodness.

Brian Cook's drawings are excellent, he measured up the CS8 Compressor truck which is held at Duxford ? I think this is a unmolested CS8 ?

Hello Mike where can I get the drawing for the cs8

Compressor if it is possible thx Mike

Hello Mike where can I get the drawing for the cs8

Compressor if it is possible thx Mike

mario

I think you will have to ask somebody or visit Duxford ?

The drawings I emailed to you are Brian's drawings .

This is the truck pictured: you should take a plane ride and measure it up !

iwm_british_morris_commercial_cs8_truck_01.jpg

Some details for you . I found a piece of the cowl rubber on one of my wrecks, Rory had this rubber extrusion reproduced .

The CS8 aero screens had a little rubber bumber rest on the cowl . I found these on my 1939 CS8

rubber - block.jpg

rubber edge detail.jpg

Some details for you . I found a piece of the cowl rubber on one of my wrecks, Rory had this rubber extrusion reproduced .

The CS8 aero screens had a little rubber bumber rest on the cowl . I found these on my 1939 CS8

Did a Morris C4 from 1944 had this rubber cowl extrusion fitted , on my C4 there are little holes just the size of a rivet to fit this rubber.

But maybe materials came scares at the end of the war and this rubber may gave been deleted on later models ?

what do you think .

Guy

hi all can any one tell me please the measurment for the piece of wood between the upper floor board

where there is the brake and cutch pedal to the angle support bracket , i am going to post photos with

finger point thank you . and does any one have the 9 inc head lamp brackets for sale thank you .

20170114_195948.jpg

20170114_200054.jpg

20170114_200224.jpg

20170114_195910.jpg

I have a series of pics of a modified CS8 , the mods enabled the truck to fit inside a DC3 AKA biscuit bomber .

This pic shows how the battery boxes were fitted to the floor. The cab floor has been cut down to allow fitting in the DC3 doorway.

Battery boxes.JPG

dak6.jpg

dak4.jpg

Hi

Just ventured into the workshop and can tell you it is 1/2 inch or 12mm thick

Sorry about the orientation

Thank you that is what I needed to continue the floor board

With the help of every one off you it gives me courage to

Continue the restoration thx

I have a series of pics of a modified CS8 , the mods enabled the truck to fit inside a DC3 AKA biscuit bomber .

This pic shows how the battery boxes were fitted to the floor. The cab floor has been cut down to allow fitting in the DC3 doorway.

Thank you Mike if any thing I can do for you please ask

And thanks for the great information each time I ask.