Dancing girls at Dorset Steam Fair?

Rick W

I notice on page 73 of this months CMV there is an article about steam military traction engines. The author makes a reference "But having fairly wide ranging interests in anything to do with transport, not to mention dancing girls and beer". Is that our dancing girls? Has anyone got the chassis numbers of these dancing girls if they are not HMVF's own? Are they from the same batch, if not, what was the Ministry of Supply number and who were they issued to?:confused:

Can't be our dancing girls, they are safely locked up in Joris'cellar.

(They are still there Joris?...Joris!, they what???)

I heard that they are back here - something about the Dutch guys going to bed at 21:30 :shocked:

Rick - I will check as they had better not be moonlighting, theres gonna be trouble...unless AntarMike has asked them to attend :???:???

The Great Dorset Steam fair is most interesting. A very few brave people have preserved from Victorian fun fairs the portable stage and surrounds for the putting on of shows etc. After having preserved such things they then call on their wives, daughters and daughters friends to perform song and dance acts. At the GDSF i saw one of these shows and observed a number of young ladys performing the can can. Lost in my own happy world for a short while i realised that the average age of the performers was about 14. I then wandered off to watch the heavy haulage engines feeling a little bit guilty. I will get my coat.

I've heard the Roly Polys have been booked for the next club house spectacular. About all that some of us can cope with now. :cry:

And who forgot to put the Bromide in Ralgham's last glass of pop!

Roly Polys,..........hope someones gonna make custard to go with them...........:cool2:

I'll avoid that night then! I was idily wandering down the Aldwych, coming home , thumb in place mind in netural when I heard this roar getting louder coming up behind me. I looked round to see a mob of middle aged women stampeding off a coach heading for the theatre that the Chippendales were apperaing. The male coach driver earned his pay that night!:sweat:

When I was earning my living teaching riding, there was one women, well built who never wore a bra. I ended up get the wife to teach her, could'nt concentrate trying to work out what would wobble where next, rising trot was very spectaculer. Sitting trot could be blinding.