Last L.S.T. at Pounds Yard

R Cubed

Hi all, thought you might all like to know that the LAST L.S.T. IN THE WORLD H M S Stalker, which was built in 1944. Now resting at Pounds Yard in Portsmouth is facing the gas axe :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Money required to save the last one of these great ships......

Price £500,000

Saw this in The News ( our local paper )

Edited by R Cubed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

DSCF0479-1.jpg

Best take a last look then,dont ask me to go in again,the dogs had the ass out of my last two pairs of trousers.:rofl:

What are the lower decks like does it take on water when the tide comes in ?

Not when i was there last.

Wow!! What a lovely houseboat that would make!! With enough space for a built in garage/workshop for all my toys! Just the tricky questions of where to "park" it, how to display it at W & P, and when to tell the wife about the change of lifestyle?

Jules

Wow!! What a lovely houseboat that would make!! With enough space for a built in garage/workshop for all my toys! Just the tricky questions of where to "park" it, how to display it at W & P, and when to tell the wife about the change of lifestyle?

Jules

Theres more pictures under pounds somewhere if you look,dont think they were in the crash.

Jules

Stick an axle under it Jules and tow it behind the Explorer as a living wagon ! :-D

I think Simons Explorer has already tried that with a 3000 ton ship on the winch earlier in life. It only anchored it to the beach for repairs to be made in the holed hull, somewhere on the East Coast. Sadly I haven't seen the photos, although I believe it was in the local papers?

Jules

Lets see with 1000 plus members that would be roughly 500.00 each equals 500,000.00 total ....so that would be an average good couple days of holiday fun seems doable and I 'd hope by buying it as a Museum it would be vat exempt , but as for the restoration and dock fee's Oh yeah, I wonder whats the bill would be to fuel it up just once !

Edited by abn deuce

To give you all an idea of how big it is, it is 350 feet long, could carry 5 Landing Craft Assault LCA, and 1 Landing Craft Tank LCT.

Or Carry 500 tons of cargo as well as enough fuel and supplies for a 1000 mile trip at a max speed of 13 Knots. Had a hull survey in 1996 by MOD and then put up for disposal in 2002 when she was bought by Pounds Marine.

Lets see with 1000 plus members that would be roughly 500.00 each equals 500,000.00 total ....so that would be an average good couple days of holiday fun seems doable and I 'd hope by buying it as a Museum it would be vat exempt , but as for the restoration and dock fee's Oh yeah, I wonder whats the bill would be to fuel it up just once !

In november the same as road diesel.

Given the member count today - it would be £403.56 each.

How about HMVF buys it and gets the Naval dockyard at Portsmouth to moor it up for us as an exhibit on loan? Then we've got our very own cross-channel ferry for European events!!!

Sounds like an ideal Jack project to me!!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl: