It's here!!

Joris

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

NAVAL.ADJ.relating to a navy or navies.

whats all this military only,military ships only tosh.

Dont think i know of a private navy.

cough up whats your agenda i smell some politics going on.

I have just seen the header,Remember MVs only,whats goin on ,i think your giving me the hump now.

Well, the prime purpose of the Royal Navy is the deployment of the Brtitish independent Nuclear Detterent............... So be prepared. And does Triton count? She is (or possibly was) a DERA design and is used for military trials, also do RFA count?

Daft thing Landing Craft are under Army control.

Its complicated Mark,as Tony sez landing craft are army,to difficult to work out whats a post and whats not,Thanks for the effort Jack/mods but i will give it a miss.i dont know why you had to complicate it,should of just let it run,am i just Grumpy an answer would of been nice.if something needs MOD edit it happens in minutes.Have i picked the only time none of you are watching,i dont think so.

Its complicated Mark,as Tony sez landing craft are army,to difficult to work out whats a post and whats not,Thanks for the effort Jack/mods but i will give it a miss.i dont know why you had to complicate it,should of just let it run,am i just Grumpy an answer would of been nice.if something needs MOD edit it happens in minutes.Have i picked the only time none of you are watching,i dont think so.

Ok OK - I am here, what is the problem? The wording?

NAVAL.ADJ.relating to a navy or navies.

whats all this military only,military ships only tosh.

Dont think i know of a private navy.

cough up whats your agenda i smell some politics going on.

Ok- I am getting with the theme here..........

It looks like you are concerned over the word 'military'.....

This is the conversation that happened this morning with Joris:

Jack.........cheers mate, if you could be as kind as to put up the naval board it would be very much appreciated as I am in a meeting all day..

Joris: not a problem - what do you want?

Jack: just naval section and I will sort out the rest when I get back late tonight..

Joris: consider it done...........

Now what exactly needs to be done, as I need this board (like all others) to be focused. I do not want civvy boats/ships in here...just naval ships/crafts/boats/inflatables.

Please let me know!

Hi Jack,i dont think its just the wording,i think its the fact you felt you had to direct us in a way that hasnt happened on other threads.This subject is huge.No civvy stuff is fine ,untill you find that most historic small ships are now houseboats.what about land bases Forts,etc,i understand your concern but i couldnt imagine people posting civvy stuff,it only happens in the right place at the moment and hasnt been a problem.Personally i took it as a pop at me and my boat,which incidently has seen more military service than most members vehicles,The clues in the name VOSPER THORNEYCROFT.i have resisted putting any large amount of info on here about it even tho i have had several requests because i felt there wasnt a suitable place.Yes its a vehicle forum but you know as well as i that its popularity is due to the wide variation of subjects and thats where it beats the others hands down.Members are using it just to communicate.I dont wish to complicate things far from it .Sorry mate its the price of success.ps Historical Military Vessel Forum.be lucky CW(pain in the ass)

Hi Jack,i dont think its just the wording,i think its the fact you felt you had to direct us in a way that hasnt happened on other threads.This subject is huge.No civvy stuff is fine ,untill you find that most historic small ships are now houseboats.what about land bases Forts,etc,i understand your concern but i couldnt imagine people posting civvy stuff,it only happens in the right place at the moment and hasnt been a problem.Personally i took it as a pop at me and my boat,which incidently has seen more military service than most members vehicles,The clues in the name VOSPER THORNEYCROFT.i have resisted putting any large amount of info on here about it even tho i have had several requests because i felt there wasnt a suitable place.Yes its a vehicle forum but you know as well as i that its popularity is due to the wide variation of subjects and thats where it beats the others hands down.Members are using it just to communicate.I dont wish to complicate things far from it .Sorry mate its the price of success.ps Historical Military Vessel Forum.be lucky CW(pain in the ass)

CW - I seriously can't see what the problem is. Why you should say that it is a pop at you is more than way off the mark - I see no regard to that at all...

Yes you are quite right about mv crossing over to the civvy word - like what happens to Land Rovers, C-47s, Avro Lancs, Jeeps, Bedfords etc etc but that has never stopped anyone talking about them here and rightly so.

All mvs have a vast life span and wear many many hats throughout theirs lives.

What I do not want is us talking about speed boats etc etc........

We can quite easily delete the board but we put it up as that was what folks wanted!!!

Cheers.

JB.

It was stated right from the start that this board would be Military only & there were no complaints then:confused:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showpost.php?p=77242&postcount=3

LEE its seems no one is grasping what is being said,i dont know of any private Navies.i have posted the Dictionary defenition.Military only was not required as an instruction,People havnt posted there private cars in the mv section so why would it be assumed they would do so with there boats .I havnt posted loads about my boat even tho its had a longer military career than most of your MVs.Anyway this is getting boring now i am off to play with my (speedboat):rofl:

Ok now I am lost and bored too.

Can we just get on with posting and informing.

Milton Abbas. Out.

ME too:thumbsup:

It's 'Plane Sailing', just because the rest of you are 'Three Sheets to Wind'. And have been knocked into a 'Cocked Hat', 'Taken Hard Aback' and 'Left Standing' we know what we are talking about. :-D

:nut::nut::nut::nut::nut: You might , nobody else does.

• 9 years later...

An Aircraft carrier the Campania used in the Festival of Britain was scrapped about a half mile  from where I live. Also several Cruisers and Destroyers met there end at Battleship wharf as well. Before it closed some Russian Naval vessels including Submarines were scrapped there.