Bart Vanderveen award - a few words.

Jack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an odd thought but might the winner of the Bart H. Vanderveen award be able to facilitate access to Dhr. Vanderveen's archive ? Even confirmation of where it is would be nice !

Oh and congratulations !

I didn't either... we came back to find squatters moved in each evening....ALL welcome again next year :-D

Aye,.........cheers for the cake. :-D

Certainly I'll be up for a spot in HMVF alley next year,..........twas a long trog to the bogs in the morning from back side of america's ....:sweat:

Andy

• 7 months later...

I am one of the guilty ones that did'nt visit the unofficial HMVF camp site.:nono:

The thing with beltring is that it so big sometimes you just don't meet up with everybody you want to!

Will make the effort this year with a nice supply of cakes!!:-D

I am one of the guilty ones that did'nt visit the unofficial HMVF camp site.:nono:

The thing with beltring is that it so big sometimes you just don't meet up with everybody you want to!

Will make the effort this year with a nice supply of cakes!!:-D

But you were only next door:-D

Well done again Jack this place just gets better and better!

And thats the amazing thing... It's not a place... its just all of us sat individually gawping at computer screens somewhere across the globe, at some odd hour of the day or night, feeling like you have mates around you! Its no coincidence that the whole 'clubhouse' running joke is picked up by nearly every new member and perpetuated because it is exactly what it feels like. A friendly welcoming environment where you can ask the most poigniant of questions or simply have a natter without fear of being laughed at or shot down, in the knowledge that your green obsession is not given a sideways look!

You've given us the best pub, best photo album, best meeting room, best telly and most concise 'Maintenance Manuals' all rolled into one.

Your drive and enthusiasm is utterly infectious and has taken the entire movement in new and exciting directions...

We've often spoken about entrenched issues and dated thinking within the movement and how a breath of fresh air is needed... Well mate, wether you realised it or not...you're it!

Enjoy the credit, you've earned it...

& to the 'nay sayers' ya-boo-sucks!

Oh and give the Dutch guy a pay rise...

Dodge and child to support now (not necessarily in that order though!)

As a Relatively new member (Sprog!) MINOR contributor, & Humble 'Monitor' of this clubs postings.

I would just like to say, it is difficult to add any more to the above post.

Jack I have enjoyed our chats on the phone, nice to meet a kindered spirit.

It is your attitude & those of fellow members who through thier generous giving of time, advice & assitance. Truly embody the spirit of this Hobby & make it such an enjoyable one.

I offer my personal thanks to you & fellow team & 'Ordinary' (If thats truly the right term!) Members for establishing & maintaning this Outstanding Communication & Friendship Facility.

Warmest Regards: Mike. :yay:

• 6 months later...