Rolls Royce K60

madrat

Question

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some info on the Rolls Royce K60. I understand it was used in the FV432 power pack and that its a multifuel engine, apart from that I can't find any information or pictures on t'interweb.

Do they still come up for sale? Any idea what the going rate is?

Thanks,

Duncan

13 answers to this question

Yes, they do come up for sale, there are hundreds of them about. The MoD just upgraded the 432s, the main modification being a new powerpack. Liquibiz have been disposing of them, they should have some left providing they haven't sold the lot to the scrap man. http://www.liquibiz.com/index.html

Marcus Glenn also has them in stock, look under the FV430 section on his spares site.

Chris

A friend put one in a Stalwart.

Interesting you should say that! Been offered a stolly with a dead engine, found some references to this conversion on the yahoo group but couldn't find much detail on the conversion.

Do you have any more info on the conversion?

Thats my 434 with a pack on the end of it at Kemble :cool2:

If you're looking for an engine I've got some incomplete packs with engines if you're interested,I've also got one recon pack with 52hrs if anyone is interested,moving shed soon so I need the room:red:

DaveP

On 7/24/2008 at 9:57 PM, DaveP said:

Thats my 434 with a pack on the end of it at Kemble :cool2:

If you're looking for an engine I've got some incomplete packs with engines if you're interested,I've also got one recon pack with 52hrs if anyone is interested,moving shed soon so I need the room:red:

DaveP

Hi Dave, a little late but just bought myself an FV434 in Belgium. Do you have some parts for that tank?

The only variant that had anything additional to the standard power pack was the FV 434 and that had a small PTO on the rear of the pack. The was a small hatch in the 434 engine cover which you lifted up then you could engage the PTO. 
spent a bit of time in power pack repair section in the mid 80’s and then many years in FRG doing pack replacement. Also had my own 434 for most of my service career so daily/weekly maint etc and far too many pack lifts to mention. The running gear was very reliable if looked after and compared to an ARRV track bashing was a doddle.  When with the RHG/D in BAOR in the mid 80’s I never had to do any major work on mine, it just never let me down.
A great bit of kit and with the addition of a penthouse possibly the best armoured vehicle out there to live in.