Museum of Army Transport, Beverley

On 25th Januar, 2005 I went to the Museum of Army Transport at Beverley to witness the closure for CMV. The army had brought in a transport regiment of Oshkosh transporters and Atkinson METs to take the exhibits in to store. I suppose some have been distributed to other museums and some of the stuff may have been sold or scrapped. I promised ages ago that I'd post up some pix from the closure, and having found the appropriated disk while looking for something else, it's time to blitz you with snaps. There are a lot, so I'll say when we've reached the end and then you can ID stuff or comment. Does that make sense?

2pdr portee.jpg

antar 5th wheel.jpg

antar ballast.jpg

antar ford fn smech horse.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant snaps Mark, a unique record and strangely enough there is a pic in the eleventh batch of the Jungle Bug currently under discussion in a different thread, there are also pics in a different batch of the Hunting Percival Harrier, who owns these now I wonder.

its apity that place had to shut down, didnt I read somewhere that a wealthy enthusiast had something to dowith buying some (all?) exhibits?

I know some of the railway locos are on loan to a couple of preserved railways, but does anybody know what happened to the west german railway coach that used to be outside?

My last visit was to a antique fair held there, was very upset at the state of the exhibits.

Mark