Willy's to be made in China?

Jack

Folks - I am not starting a rumour here............

This week HMVF has been contacted by a Chinese company looking for a complete nut and bolt rebuild of a Willy's MB. I have replied to them like I do all email we get and it looks like this may well be the case.

I have asked for clarification but I am feeling they could be barking up the wrong tree.

Stay tuned.

People here in Europe would probably buy it, put in a WW2 registration nr. and drive it as a WW2 jeep.

A bit like registering a 1962 M201 as a 1944 Willys.

Oh Jack..

Willys is written without a " ' " between the Y and S...

Folks - I am not starting a rumour here............

This week HMVF has been contacted by a Chinese company looking for a complete nut and bolt rebuild of a Willy's MB.

Stay tuned.

I am still doubtful and think it will go the same way as the reproduction Tiger tank.

To qualify for UK safety laws it would have to be so different it would not look anything like the original. You might as well buy a Mahindra.

Tim (too)

To qualify for UK safety laws it would have to be so different it would not look anything like the original. You might as well buy a Mahindra.

If the quantities to be sold in this country are sufficiently small (I believe the limit is 500 units) they could be sold on a single vehicle approval basis, same as for kit cars. That means various bits of nanny equipment fitted for the test and then removed as soon as it gets home.

If you sell 500 in several countries over a few years it could well make it worth while.