New 2008 Army Wrecker

Just revisiting this thread, some good photos here.

Links below look like the trials vehicles for sale? Fleetex had quite a few cargo variants at one point. I also saw Dave Crouch had at least two recovery vehicles some time ago.

http://www.ljacksonandco.com/LJDB2014/mobile_view.php?editid1=40135

http://www.fleetex.co.uk/spec_sheet.asp?UnitID=6936

• 1 month later...

Seeing as i contributed to this thread back in 2008/9 i thought i would pipe up.

Left the mil in 2013 and went straight out to Afghanistan to work for NATO is a NATO Tech Officer where i still am.

Not looked at this site for a bit then remembered it.

Funny how those SV's that back then everyone was waiting to come through the camp gates are now being sold. Those Recovery variants though have been on sale for a bit. The ones in the first link are certainly those trial ones.

The SV buy had a 20 year "shelf life" but i heard Afghanistan ones were pretty much hammered.

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing as i contributed to this thread back in 2008/9 i thought i would pipe up.

Left the mil in 2013 and went straight out to Afghanistan to work for NATO is a NATO Tech Officer where i still am.

Not looked at this site for a bit then remembered it.

Funny how those SV's that back then everyone was waiting to come through the camp gates are now being sold. Those Recovery variants though have been on sale for a bit. The ones in the first link are certainly those trial ones.

The SV buy had a 20 year "shelf life" but i heard Afghanistan ones were pretty much hammered.

Any photos you can share?

Any photos you can share?

Im in a US base so im afraid they would all be US MRAPs and some SF type lightweight vehicles which go no further than around camp.

MRAP's out here are either International Maxx-Pro or Oshkosh M-ATV. Nearly all have RWS fitted but unlike ours that had GPMG, the US go for .50cal or even ive seen Gatling type. But they tend to be the same ones that use the lightweight vehicles.

Other than that its armoured Landcruisers.

Truck wise its M1083 5 ton, M1096 and HEMTT. No one uses Humvees apart from around camp and they are rare. Most been given to Afghans.

Im in a US base so im afraid they would all be US MRAPs and some SF type lightweight vehicles which go no further than around camp.

MRAP's out here are either International Maxx-Pro or Oshkosh M-ATV. Nearly all have RWS fitted but unlike ours that had GPMG, the US go for .50cal or even ive seen Gatling type. But they tend to be the same ones that use the lightweight vehicles.

Other than that its armoured Landcruisers.

Truck wise its M1083 5 ton, M1096 and HEMTT. No one uses Humvees apart from around camp and they are rare. Most been given to Afghans.

Interested in the trucks if you get chance!