WW2 Manuals

Jack

• 1 year later...

I have a 1958 user handbook covering:-

Truck, 3 ton, GS, Cargo, 4 x 4, Bdford R

Truck, 3 ton, GS, Cargo, with winch, 4 x 4, Bdford RLW

Chassis, 3 ton, GS, Recovery, Light, Bdford RLC

As far as I am aware it is complete, 133 pages the last being Appendix 4 - Preparation For Airportability.

It it is of any use or interest to anyone please drop me a line or PM me.

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

I have a 1958 user handbook covering:-

Truck, 3 ton, GS, Cargo, 4 x 4, Bdford R

Truck, 3 ton, GS, Cargo, with winch, 4 x 4, Bdford RLW

Chassis, 3 ton, GS, Recovery, Light, Bdford RLC

As far as I am aware it is complete, 133 pages the last being Appendix 4 - Preparation For Airportability.

It it is of any use or interest to anyone please drop me a line or PM me.

Hi Kevin T,

I'm interested in your handbook. what are you asking for it?

Andrew

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hello;

For most of current american ww2 vehicules You can find paper copies of TM on www.paperprint.be .

There are more than 260 different TM copies availlabel one this site and he send all over the world.

He also have some CMP and british ww2 TM or spare parts list.

Jony

Hi Jony,

Very interesting site and printed copies are not expensive either.

Thanks for letting us know.

Kaci

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, Lmortimer334 said:

Good evening all,

Does anybody have any manuals for a Leyland Hippo Mk2? Looking for both the maintenance and drivers manuals. 

Kind Regards

Lawrence

Have you seen this 1st generation copy for £24.99?

http://www.greenmachinesurplus.com/leyland-hippo-mkii-and-mkiia-drivers-handbook-602-p.asp

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2009 at 3:42 PM, Ivor Ramsden said:

Jack,

I've got a Morris-Commercial 4x4 manual which I can send to you on disc. It covers the C8 Quad Artillery Tractor Mks II and III, A.T. Portee Mks II and III and C9/B Bofors SP. It's too big to email but I'll gladly post it if you pm me your address.

01 Cover.jpg

Hi would really love a copy of that manual Thanks. Derek May

• 6 months later...

Has anyone got a copy of a maintenance manual for a Karrier KT4 Spider (Indian pattern F,A,T) that they are willing to copy or put on disc, or where i may be able to contact for a copy.  The reason is i would like to use my spare parts and spare K6 chassis to bring one back from the dead. It would be helpful to have a manual for one, to help aid this. I have a copy of the K6 workshop manual which will help with the running gear and engine, but could do with it for the chassis dimensions and cab which Rootes manuals have in them . Any pointers or contacts would be greatly received. Also anyone with a MK 1 Morris Quad that has photo's of their restoration they would be wiling to share with me,as both used the same company for the rear body work and this would help get the frame layout right, looks like Rootes use parts from their Humber line for seats and cab fittings. i have tried the Rootes sites no one can help at present and they say they don't hold anything on the KT4 in there files. 

54 minutes ago, wot6 1943 said:

Has anyone got a copy of a maintenance manual for a Karrier KT4 Spider (Indian pattern F,A,T) that they are willing to copy or put on disc, or where i may be able to contact for a copy.  The reason is i would like to use my spare parts and spare K6 chassis to bring one back from the dead. It would be helpful to have a manual for one, to help aid this. I have a copy of the K6 workshop manual which will help with the running gear and engine, but could do with it for the chassis dimensions and cab which Rootes manuals have in them . Any pointers or contacts would be greatly received. Also anyone with a MK 1 Morris Quad that has photo's of their restoration they would be wiling to share with me,as both used the same company for the rear body work and this would help get the frame layout right, looks like Rootes use parts from their Humber line for seats and cab fittings. i have tried the Rootes sites no one can help at present and they say they don't hold anything on the KT4 in there files. 

Sounds a very interesting idea/project.

1 hour ago, wot6 1943 said:

Has anyone got a copy of a maintenance manual for a Karrier KT4 Spider 

The REME museum has technical manuals. 

Although the museum is currently closed, I found this information on the website:-

Coronavirus Update

Research enquiries can still be sent to enquiries@rememmuseum.org.uk. The Research and Archives Team are able to remotely access our catalogue and some digitised material, but our response will be limited if access to any original archival material is required.

19 hours ago, Rootes75 said:

Sounds a very interesting idea/project.

I have a copies of all the CMP trucks Manuals which include one of the Quads I will check out and get back to you.

Edited by Dee

20 hours ago, wot6 1943 said:

Sorry not great with tec, I have copies of the CMP trucks manuals both Ford and Chevi on dvd and thease contain some of the Quads, I will check out and get back to you if thats any use 

5 hours ago, Dee said:

Sorry not great with tec, I have copies of the CMP trucks manuals both Ford and Chevi on dvd and thease contain some of the Quads, I will check out and get back to you if thats any use 

Anything that can be of use would be great, only thing is its not a CMP, but then again it maybe in with them as its a Quad based on the same bulk head and rear body built by British steel pressings company which was just down the road from one of the Rootes factory sites and was later taken over by Rootes, the body is joined at the screen to a k6 front end that has had some mod's done to it too meet the angled sides. this mod makes the side part of the screen come off at an angle from the main screens. Rootes seam to of been very good that making something fit, plus using other parts from there Humber parts bin's as well look likely to be from there box production parts. As it was built and supplied to the British Indian Army over seas use only not heard of any records of it being use by British army in the ETO mainly Far East and some use by the units of the 8th Army North Africa, if that helps. 

kt4 indesat.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, MatchFuzee said:

The REME museum has technical manuals. 

Although the museum is currently closed, I found this information on the website:-

Coronavirus Update

Research enquiries can still be sent to enquiries@rememmuseum.org.uk. The Research and Archives Team are able to remotely access our catalogue and some digitised material, but our response will be limited if access to any original archival material is required.

thanks sent a request too them ... Had not thought of trying them. Just got to wait and see what comes back from them had an email frist thing saying they were on it now, and will contact me back with there finds from the files they hold. Once again thanks for the pointer cheers.

1 hour ago, wot6 1943 said:

Anything that can be of use would be great, only thing is its not a CMP, but then again it maybe in with them as its a Quad based on the same bulk head and rear body built by British steel pressings company which was just down the road from one of the Rootes factory sites and was later taken over by Rootes, the body is joined at the screen to a k6 front end that has had some mod's done to it too meet the angled sides. this mod makes the side part of the screen come off at an angle from the main screens. Rootes seam to of been very good that making something fit, plus using other parts from there Humber parts bin's as well look likely to be from there box production parts. As it was built and supplied to the British Indian Army over seas use only not heard of any records of it being use by British army in the ETO mainly Far East and some use by the units of the 8th Army North Africa, if that helps. 

kt4 indesat.jpg

I have seen photos of them but have very little information. There is very little mentioned about them in any of my Rootes marque books.