Albion CX22

As it seems all the CX22 pictures went in the crash I thought we could start a new thread in here. I posted these ones a while ago, but here they are again. These pictures taken early 2000.

img0845rz6.jpg

img0842xg1.jpg

I was down in Dundee with Adam last week so we decided to have a look for the Albion on the way home, sure enough it was in the same place. Note how much the tree has grown in 8 years! I have a couple of pictures of its replacement to post in the Diamond T gallery.

img0979cj5.jpg

img0966vf5.jpg

img0961yc7.jpg

Edited by croc

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most people don't realise that Isabelle carries a 1944 Lister JP3 3-cylinder diesel 230V 15kVA generator in the back, and there is only just enough room for it to fit! It gives 2 tons of ballast for a more comfortable ride.

It will be used used to power my next project which is under way a 1943 No3 Mk2 AA radar system

I have included some attachments showing how it should look and the state of it now. I bought 2 hoping to make a good one from the 2. They are 95% complete and have all the electronics inside.

It might be at Kemble in 2010/2011!!!

gl3bpic.jpg

No3Mk2radar018.jpg

No3Mk2radar3001.jpg

Yes they were both from Rush Green.

We're abit off thread now with this perhaps I should start a new one...

Anyway thats a very good picture, are there any more, I was trying to read the census number on the rear of the chassis cross-member, it looks like X47682**, can anyone read it? I have numbers for both of mine and one post-war number.

We're abit off thread now with this perhaps I should start a new one...

I'm sure a thread recording this restoration would be very interesting to all of us on here. I may, and I'm only saying may, know of two more of these trailers that have been standing in a wood for many years. They were in poor condition when I last saw them but if they're still there they might yield up some useful bits.

It would be excellent if they were still there.

Good news Ackack, Jack has very generously agreed to fund an official Forum Expedition to allow me to revisit these woods to see if anything of what I saw remains there. I shall be taking my camera.

The place I'm talking about had been a yard specializing in ex WD stuff but has been closed for so long that fairly mature trees have now grown there. I can remember seeing quite a lot of interesting items lying around in the undergrowth including WW 11 Jeep engines, these trailers, a very unusual, possibly German 4 X 4 chassis and a huge quantity of brand new, unissued Antar clutch assemblies still in their original wooden crates.

This place is hard to find and, apart from a few locals, I doubt if many people realize it's there so the situation maybe the same as on my last visit. I won't wait for Jack's cheque to come through and try to find time in the next few days to fire up the Land Rover and get over to this wood. Sorry Mike, only kidding about the clutches but the rest is true. Well, actually, the bit about Jack isn't true either but all rest is true or bordering on the truth. Watch this space !