Albion CX22

• 3 weeks later...

Although the link below is to a very lovely Dennis F12 (and a Staffordshire one at that :-D) if you check out the photo's you can see what I believe is an Albion CX22 next to it. On the second photo you can only see one side of the bonnet and cab and on the third photo you can see part of the offside of the vehicle. Having looked at various Albion photo's I think it could be a new one that I haven't seen before, and one not too far from me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dennis-f12-pump-escape-fire-engine-1960-vintage-classic-not-goddess-thornycroft?item=220971291868&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6875746232973977875

Hi mate,

didnt know that was still around, I knew of the ex Stoke on Trent one (SVT414) and I dont know if the ex Stoke F8 is about, do you?

Mark

PS, nice find!!

I think it has been on eBay before, about six months ago but the seller pulled it off after a while. Apparently the F8 is still around in a quarry in Staffordshire.

A fairly tidy example was offered on Saturday at the Cheffins Vintage auction. Lot 2907. I didn't get there, so do not know if it sold or for how much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44025[/ATTACH]

Follow this link for a picture of said vehicle during it's Fairground years: http://www.nfa.dept.shef.ac.uk/history/miscellaneous_articles/article22b.html

• 1 year later...
Although the link below is to a very lovely Dennis F12 (and a Staffordshire one at that :-D) if you check out the photo's you can see what I believe is an Albion CX22 next to it. On the second photo you can only see one side of the bonnet and cab and on the third photo you can see part of the offside of the vehicle. Having looked at various Albion photo's I think it could be a new one that I haven't seen before, and one not too far from me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dennis-f12-pump-escape-fire-engine-1960-vintage-classic-not-goddess-thornycroft?item=220971291868&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6875746232973977875

yes it is a albion cx22s on the photo ex kays of stoke (leyland agents)

we have another as well which needs restoring

DSCF0714.jpg

yes it is a albion cx22s on the photo ex kays of stoke (leyland agents)

we have another as well which needs restoring

Thanks for confirming that. Shows that these differing vehicles are still out there.

Scott

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ALBION CX22.jpgHi all

I have just joined HMVF as im in need of some help. My father was the pround owner of a Albion CX22 which he used for recovery work through the 60s 70s and 80s, around the Farnham in Surrey area. In the late 90s my father parked the Albion in the yard of JD Motors of Alton Hants with the view of myself and him doing a full restoration, but unfortunatly my work took me overseas for some time and then my father had a stroke. He decided to donate the Albion to a museam where it could be restored. An army low loader came and collected it and that was the last we saw of it. Last year my father was taken ill and later died but one of the last things he asked me was to find out what had happened to the Albion, if it had been restored and if not try and find away of doing it myself. so if any of the good folk on HMVF can help it would be much appreciated. I have some pictures which may help. Many thanks Skippypete

ALBION CX22  JA Wolverson.jpg

I hope you will be successful in your contact with the museum at least as to what happened. I hope your father left some documentation as to how it was "Donated" <the conditions> to the museum . If something is loaned you retain some control as to its fate but if its "given" then they can do with it as they want, store it , restore it , trade it or loan it out. That's at least what happen's over on this side of the pond.

• 1 year later...
Hi

Many thanks for the quick reply's on my search for my Dads Albion CX22 its been a great help, I've had some private

e-mails which have given me a couple of good leads.

Many thanks Skippypete

anyone know any history on my one?CX22.jpg

before I got it I think it was used on an estate to take the shooting parties round, don't know where though

• 2 weeks later...
Hi you may have all ready seen it but there is a picture of your Albion on the CCMV web page, it said it was part of a private collection. Its a good looking truck where are you based do you take her out much? SkippyPete

Hi yes that's the one, I'd like to find out who was looking after the old girl at that time.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This beauty appeared at Biggar at the weekend:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117892[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117893[/ATTACH]

Lovely, without going back through the whole thread - I don't think that one has appeared on here before.

• 3 months later...

Hi this Albion CX22S was originally in dark red with black wheel arches and was owned by G. Erwin Jr and had the name Marvellous on a plate over the radiator. It looks like it was a fair ground lorry. There are a few pictures on the Internet. In my view i think it looks better in the dark red. Skippypete

Edited by skippypete

• 1 month later...