Bunker Bash 2008 Show Report

Marmite!!

Got back from the Bunker Bash just gone 6pm tonight, Ian & myself spent the day clearing the site up.

We would like to say a big thank you to everyone that turned up to support this years show making it our best so far.

The weather didn't seem to put a damper on things with a 100% turn out for reenactors that were booked in & 95% of MV's booked in, the furthest all the way from Belgium.. well done Piet & crew.... I opened my emails tonight to find requests for booking forms for next years show already from MV owners & traders...

I must apologies for Ian & myself not getting to speak to many of you as we were on the go all weekend but those of you that we did manage to have a chat to seemed to of thoroughly enjoy the show.

Arena events on the Saturday were cut short due to the weather but we made up for that on the Sunday with a full arena programme with an added bonus of a Battle that we had not planned for... so a special thank you to the guys from Tiger1, Panzer Lehr Soldat44, Battle for Europe & the Garrison for a great display at very short notice..

Another great display from the MMVG...cheers lads...

The Emergency Services Display was also superb & they really went to town on Snappers car which I was to blow up once they had finished with it, they told me that the door a wing would probably be missing.... Hmmm... it resembled a Go-Cart when they gave it back to me... well not to worry as they had left the bonnet on for me to work with so I put a carefully placed charge under the bonnet as well as one in the back & one in the boot.. retired to let the Garrison take a few shots at it with their 25pdr, I hit the fire button at the appropriate moment & we'll.... anyone know where that bloody bonnet went??? :coffee: Photos to follow...

Thank you to Kyle for driving Harry & Ashley, our Son's, 35 miles to Southend Airport for a Helicopter flight to the Bunker Bash... Apologies to our Son's for having to spend 9 hours at the Airport & missing Saturday's show... after a brief 3mile flight the Helicopter had to return to base due to very poor visibility, they waited there all day for the weather to clear as they planned to leave the helicopter at the Bunker Bash for they next days pleasure flights, unfortunately the visibility didn't improve so thanks again to Kyle for going back to pick the up.... they did get a flight on the Sunday evening though...

It was a good to see Rex Cadman turn up on the Friday night & for his support for the show & his words of encouragement...Thanks Rex.

Dennis Buston.. thank you for stepping in at very short notice to take over our Arena commentary after they guy who was supposed to do it went done with a mystery illness.... cheers mate..

The "Rugged Boys" cheers lads for a nice comfy seat on the sofa & a nice warm fire on the Saturday evening.. a rare chance to sit down & relax, it was much appreciated.... Sneezing Ferret's... what's that all about:confused:

Rambo & the "East London Dodgy Sqauddies" what's all the beds about lads... & don't give all the cakes to Ian..:argh:

118-118...

the Official Bunker Bash 5th Emergency Service.... you may not of met Dave & Roger but they certainly have you're number... great work lads & thanks.. we would of struggled without you..

Apologies to Dave... I got up 5am Saturday morning to find Dave had arrived at 4am & set up a great check point as we had asked him to do.... only that it was the wrong side of the hedge & had set up in the middle of the ACF Area.. sorry to move you mate....

If you would like to join Dave & Roger at next years Bunker Bash you will need to visit here first http://www.the-joke-shop.com/showcat.asp?category=33

Please do not purchase until until Dave has given you the correct size & style:cool2:

We had meeting this morning with the Bunker's owner & have already started planning the 2009 Bunker Bash...

We'll there's plenty more to tell but my heads buzzing a bit at the mo... more to follow... I'm sure the other half of the Bunker Team will be along shortly to add his bit...

Cheers Lee... (& Ian) The Bunker Bash Team.

www.bunkerbash.co.uk

Edited by Marmite!!

the correct one is on page 4 and lee watch out next year as we will try to arrange a arrest scenario and i know who will be first on the list

he he

Motion seconded :) From the other part of the 118 118 Provost Team :evil: Now... do I bring the South African bendy baton or the British Army fluted Oak Riot Stake next time (gotta get into the spirit, lol)

Edited by Redcap

Motion seconded :) From the other part of the 118 118 Provost Team :evil: Now... do I bring the South African bendy baton or the British Army fluted Oak Riot Stake next time (gotta get into the spirit, lol)

God to see you here Roger.. don't forget to post an intro here... http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Thanks for all your help at the Bunker Bash :tup::

The one thing I like about getting together with fellow brothers from HMVF at shows is that something always happens where someone cops a nickname for some starnge reason- looking forward to Beltring!!

Hi,

Well I finally got home Monday at about 08.30pm after packing up my kit and moving my vehicles but it was all worth it.

As for the show what can I say other than a massive THANK YOU to everyone that helped out and attended the show without all off you the show would not have been the success it was. I look forward to seeing you all again next year. Dave(118) and Roger(118) did a fantastic job with traffic control and booking in and we owe them a special thanks for what they did. And just to rub it in thanks for the tea and cake Rambo it was delicious. As Lee said, Kyle you did us a massive favour which will not be forgotten, we owe you. It was great to meet more HMVF members and what a nice bunch they are.

Here's looking forward to next years show and seeing you all again.

Thanks Ian

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Great show , but the helicopter noise became a bit boring. rik

Horay not the only one to get fed up shouting at people then.I know i aint any great loss but if that copters in that field next year i aint coming,i suppose if it had not rained on sat we would of had it then?:argh:

Horay not the only one to get fed up shouting at people then.I know i aint any great loss but if that copters in that field next year i aint coming,i suppose if it had not rained on sat we would of had it then?:argh:

It's ok next year it will be in another field if it comes... this one was sprung on us 2 days before the show & we had no control as to where the Bunker's owner placed it... sorry about that chaps...

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
It's ok next year it will be in another field if it comes... this one was sprung on us 2 days before the show & we had no control as to where the Bunker's owner placed it... sorry about that chaps...

:tup::

What they aren't telling you is that next year the owner is swapping the Jetranger for a Chinook to maximise profit!!! :evil: :evil: