Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eager Beaver's

Default Re: Eager Beaver's

I can see why you bought them Mike ! Looks like fun to drive ! Are they good off road ? Don't appear to be top heavy ?
    I love Deep Bronze Green !

Bl00dy good off road, I have some piccies of the off road course at Belvoir Castle. I have put some on the board already but I'll see whats new amogst them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by antarmike View Post
    Bl00dy good off road, I have some piccies of the off road course at Belvoir Castle. I have put some on the board already but I'll see whats new amogst them tomorrow.
    Thanks mate ! Look forward to seeing them !
    I love Deep Bronze Green !

Quote Originally Posted by antarmike View Post
    I dont know whether they are plant or not, They can run on road at 40+mph and tow two trailers. I regularly use one for trips to the scrap yard cos I can unload myself...faster that way
    I remember when I was on my first posting R.E.M.E Attached to 26 Engineer Regt in Germany. These vehicles were in use with the regt for unloading pallets of mines, Field engineering equipment Etc.

They even went out on Excercises with them!
    I recall being very UN-enviable when we always deployed in the field for three weeks at a time on the Annual Major Manouvers.
    Also always in november! Observing the drivers of these vehicles in a green waterproof jacket & Motorbike crash helmet.
    It was freezing & bad enough driving 432's & 434's! I felt sorry for those guys. It must have been bone chilling!
    Then I used to think, hey, if you cant take a joke, you shouldnt have joined!........

results of Beaver tested at Woolwich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 125281 N.jpg  

12228 07.jpg  

12228 08.jpg  

12228 09.jpg  

Has anyone got an explanation of what happened here? Strangely one of the battery boxes appears to be empty. They don't seem to be in any hurry to right the vehicle. Is that bicycle wheel contraption something it was towing or did it get hit in the accident. (could it be a towed speed recorder?) It looks a bit like the E.B. is in four wheel steer. Not recommended for high speed running!

And I can't make out the design of the exhaust tailpipe. Looks like a circular disc!
    Last edited by antarmike; 01-11-2009 at 11:33.

I think it was a catchweight contest between the bike wheeled trolley, which lay hidden in the long grass in a derelict part of Arsenal East and the Beaver which came along rolled over it and lost on a TKO, possible the driver said some words starting with the letters from number plate

Another beaver in service
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hmvf3.jpg  

and another. This EOD EB I assume is remote controlled by the operator at the end of the cable in the foreground, although he seems remarkably close?

Last edited by fv1609; 10-11-2009 at 09:26.
    Clive Elliott

Always wanted old British Army publications of any period (the older the better) eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information