A Personal Thank you!

Great weekend!

Nice people! great sights! and not so great luck!

Upon leaving Brighton on the friday I noticed a slight noise from the landrover!

Met ChrisG in his Champ and headed up the M23 to fleet services on the M3.

As I pulled into the car park I noticed a "grind" noise! Odd! it got worse and at Salisbury when we arrived we took the belts off and checked the play in all the pulleys.

We diagnosed the fault as the water pump pulley which when rotated had slight resistance and play. We thought to our selves that this would last many more miles and comfort that it was something not to serious.

When we entered the plains and did the first road run all was well. I was enjoying splashing about in the puddles and being a child.

On a gradiant following the Stolly "bang" odd! the noise has gone! "SH**!" pulled over and joy o joy! the fan had come off the pully and destroyed the radiator!

Thanks very much to all the help with the WW2 wreckers towing me off! much to amusement and many many photos of the landrover with the rear in the air!

Oh! and blew a tyre as well! great ! happy days ! Great Success!

I have had SOO much help and so many kind jestures! Recovery! and also the new Rad,Fan and pump! which the organisers kindly helped me locate and collect!

A great bunch of people! real team spirit and I shall be going again!

Thank you all so much for Help and Advice! I owe many people a favour!

After the last day over the tank range trying to sink the landrover we departed with the brakes pulling badly to the left! after a few miles this was sorted! well... it was then pulling to the right! haha

It was just mud and gunk in the drums! so after a few hours back we arrived with a muddy landy! but after a great few days! shame i could not stay longer!

Thank you All!

PAul

PS. Ok now the embarrasing pictures please

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Paul this was a common problem if you ignored the warning signs especially with the 8 bladed fan,Just realised you were with chris g,the spell was on him,bugger got it wrong again,sorry mate.

Snapper were you there?

Iltis is in the garage awaiting a buyer. No mate, I am at work right now doing work on the Irish Sun from last Wednesday. It's not all glamour.

Thank heavens for tea and iTunes.

M

Paul this was a common problem if you ignored the warning signs especially with the 8 bladed fan,Just realised you were with chris g,the spell was on him,bugger got it wrong again,sorry mate.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: