been there want to go again

Breakdowns! are you mocking me?>! haha what have you heard?

My Landrover is a prime piece of machinery that would never fail! ever!

well..... maybe

All will be revealed once the video can get gotten off the camera!! Terrible things Landie water pumps - aren't they???

Seriously - we too had a great time and would like to say a BIG Thank You to Tony and the team for organising such an excellent weekend. Already looking forwards to next years one. :):)

Would also like to say another BIG Thank You to Dave for doing the cooking - breakfasts and the Sat night stew were excellent - and for putting me up in the 9x9 as well as the ride on Sat. Also to Sean for the ride in the 101 on Sunday - great fun although at time I thought he was trying to find a puddle deep enough to emulate a Stollie in!!. :)

Highlights for me had to be:

• Seeing - and hearing - Kevins Stalwart running cross-country (really made me miss my own little girl)

• Meeting up with the Army on the Sat village visit and them showing an interest in our vehicles.

• The feeling of family/camaraderie the whole weekend.

• Seeing the RTV convoy pass ( hows the fuel cans Jack??:) )

Joris - skittles were won by by the Champs team, I think Chris also got top scorer and the Sunday quiz night was won - convincingly - with 63 points by the Mud Pluggers (Sean, me, Val & Tanya). Rambo & his Dodgy Squaddies were next closest at 45 points....

Other video nices to come (if I can get them to upload) include two Wards playing in puddles, a convoy of 23 vehicles wandering over the Plians and the great breakfast cook-up!!

Edited by ArtistsRifles

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! What a fab time :yay: shame my car broke down with less then 5 miles from my house :argh::argh: sat there and waited for a friend to come and tow me home and watched R cubed sail past in the truck!

Thanks to everyone who helped make it a great weekend and too all the cooks :tup:: the food was scrummy. The boys are still plastered in mud but the bath is running.

Heres to next year........................................

There has to be an event next year, We are hopeing to have 2 Stollys going at it head to head. This event can't happen without you guys, you are the stars of the show, you are the guys that restore these vehicles, spend 100s on them and drive them miles to be there. A very BIG thankyou for attending and and making this a great weekend. I'm sure we will picking mud out of every hole for many weeks to come. Just to put the story strait, the Plains team bombed at the skittles and then got totaly trashed at the quiz. Next year we will be back with avengence. Thankyou to everyone, the HMVF members and guests the kids, Land and range wardens for turning a blind eye when needed, the Boys at Greenland camp for allowing us to take over there base camp for an hour or two, and last but not least Dave. May I just say Dave you are a top guy, the food was stunning, everything you have done for the team was well over the call of duty, if there was ever a medal for cookery, tieing red and white tape to Dragons teeth and trees, shouting louder than a Stolling and just being there you deserve two mate. Thankyou again everyone and all I can say is, next year chaps.

Tony

PS. DaveP do me a favour, get the floor welded in your Landy for next year mate before we all drown in muddy water HAHA.

well just got home and ready to jump into a nice warm bath:sweat:the weekend was a great time and those who missed it missed out

paul i think you escaped just in time otherwise you would have ended up with a broken axel as well as just afterwards a gent turned up and took us down a extra route that had more potholes than the training area:nono:

roll on next year and we want the dancing girls there

:yay::yay::yay:

jack you picked the wrong lot as we all have smiles from ear to ear:-D:-D:-D:-D

Tony and team

Well done guys last year was excellent but this year you exeded all expectations an absolute cracking weekend

Pics to follow

many many thanks to all involved:banana::banana::banana:

Hi all,

i really dont know what to say first, but what a fantastic time, many thanks to the SPTA team for all of thier hard work and we all know that working with so many agencies on the plains can be pretty fustrating at the best of times.

To Dave (Gordon Ramsey) Ives fantastic effort in the cookery dept. really appreciated.

Good to meet old friends and new, thanks to my fellow team mates for putting at least one Dorset member in the wining skittle team (eat your heart out Beckett :-D ) to Phil and Chris for thier generous rides in thier champs through out the weekend for myself and the family (+dog) also to Kevin and family for the daughters stolly ride.

Did n`t fare to well in the quiz :-( but at least we laughed had fun through out the week end.

Once again Rambo excelled in the cake dept and now expanding out into the chicken pie market :cool2:

To all who attended thanks for making it a great weekend from me and the family.

P.s. has any one got any tinted lenses for H.K. Daves googles :rofl:

PPS Chris nice clean vehicle in the photo....is it yours?

Ashley

Edited by ashley

Got home, have sorted a bit out, Thanks for the Breakfasts and organising such a cooooool event lets have some more of it and some of those tracks like the last one on Sun :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Thanks again to all who must have jumped through lots of hoops to get us where we went......

Hello All,

That's it we can finally sit down & look at at our pics, hooray for digi cameras!!! Mez has nearly got the Plains out of her friends cool bags that she borrowed for the weekend, well i didn't know that when I went through that little puddle we would get swamped on the inside, I don't think we are the only ones with the inside of the veh as dirty as outside, mind you the outside is pretty dirty!!!! Had a few odd looks on the way home!!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this another very memorable weekend, especially Tony & his team, and David Ives for all their hard work.

Sorry Darren for ending up on the losing skittles team, but stick with us, we're an up & coming team, the trophy is within our grasp.

Dougy & Mezzy

We all had a great time & I think I've just washed half the Plains down the plughole here! Huge thanks for organising the event, for the welcome, the tea, the breakfasts, the tours and the atmosphere generally.:tup::

It was a great weekend and I'm really pleased that we went after all the indecision on Thursday. It was also good to put faces to a few more names on here.

- Mike

ps. to Chris, Paul and Andy - the Hockey team were at Fleet services on the way back too...:cool2:

Thank you very much to the Plains team. Had a great time and my face aches from wearing the Ward LaFrance grin all weekend! As we were turning off the M25 in Mikes truck, Mark was in the lane next to us and was still wearing the same grin he had 80 miles earlier!

Hi all.

Just a quicky to say a massive thanks to Tony and the team. Excellent weekend. What more can I say.

Top bloke David for doing the brekkies - apart from he wouldn't get his Landie dirty - he's the man.

Thanks too to tootallmike and Grasshopper for sharing their home from home with me and making my guests most welcome.

Nice to put faces to names from the forum.

For me, over-joyed with the Ward's behaviour through the weekend. Gearbox has given up the ghost on the route back - oh well - at least I had loads of fun and yes, the WLF grin was still evident when Mike and Vince passed me by.

Unfortunately won't be able to fix the WLF for the Bunker Bash, so I am probably out of it this year.

Just received some news of a family death over the weekend so may not be on much for a while, so once again, thanks to everyone involved with the Plains Trip 2008. Bring it on for 2009.

Markheliops

PS. Who won the prize for spotting the smiles on the RTV convoy. I spotted .................... - can't remember but wow - weren't the vehicles shiney. LOL.

Tony

Warned you about the build qualities of the old Landrover,taking the floor out next year so as it will drain back out quicker:rofl::rofl:

Found your scarf in the back,missus complemented the smell of the aftershave,what aren't you telling me?:red: Mind you she then thought it would suit the dog:rofl:(scarf not the smelly)

Thanks to all involved on the SPTA team

DaveP

ps

How do you want me to get the said item to you,is there someone coming to Kemble I can give it to,Pete said he was coming maybe.

Na you are ok Dave you can have that one. I have plenty of the things here mate. Thanks everyone, well happy with this years turn out and blame the manager at Land Marc for that last part of the drive. I only asked for a puddle to have a play in not a route with more holes than one of those tanks in the bombard area. Like I said on the day, I never new that track was a PROW so it will be on the run for next year. Anyone wishing to take part, please be aware this is not for the faint harted and non swimmers. Just been through 800 photos and no... no smiley faces from me guys HEHE. saying that Jack seemed pleased to see us and Im still sat here perfecting that two finger wave he has mastered for his pit stop team.

Na you are ok Dave you can have that one. I have plenty of the things here mate. Thanks everyone, well happy with this years turn out and blame the manager at Land Marc for that last part of the drive. I only asked for a puddle to have a play in not a route with more holes than one of those tanks in the bombard area. Like I said on the day, I never new that track was a PROW so it will be on the run for next year. Anyone wishing to take part, please be aware this is not for the faint harted and non swimmers. Just been through 800 photos and no... no smiley faces from me guys HEHE. saying that Jack seemed pleased to see us and Im still sat here perfecting that two finger wave he has mastered for his pit stop team.

Was that two gallons or two cans of fuel he wanted :-D

What can I say?

BLOODY FANTASTIC!

Me and the boys had a great time.

The highlight for me was meeting up with army at the FIBUA village, what a great bunch of guy's, one of the soldiers even fitted the strap to my SA80 for me and showed me how it worked.

A big thanks to tony, dave and pete for all thier effort in making this one of the best weekends me and the boys have ever had. We even had hot water all weekend thanks to the big water pot supplied by the couple with the big tent.

Dave's breakfast's were excellent and a very welcome sight in the mornings.

We saw loads of army vehciles all weekend and the off road track was superb.

Roy at the bustard inn was great and made us all feel very welcome.

The RTV convoy was brilliant, but jack you need a HAIRCUT!!!, as your jimmy came towards me I thought a woman was driving it:shocked::whistle:

See you all again next year.

What can I say?

BLOODY FANTASTIC!

Me and the boys had a great time.

The highlight for me was meeting up with army at the FIBUA village, what a great bunch of guy's, one of the soldiers even fitted the strap to my SA80 for me and showed me how it worked.

A big thanks to tony, dave and pete for all thier effort in making this one of the best weekends me and the boys have ever had. We even had hot water all weekend thanks to the big water pot supplied by the couple with the big tent.

Dave's breakfast's were excellent and a very welcome sight in the mornings.

We saw loads of army vehciles all weekend and the off road track was superb.

Roy at the bustard inn was great and made us all feel very welcome.

The RTV convoy was brilliant, but jack you need a HAIRCUT!!!, as your jimmy came towards me I thought a woman was driving it:shocked::whistle:

See you all again next year.

No probs at all Rambo, you and the other guys gave us a few laughs!!!! :)

See Rambo told you your under pants are to small. Im getting me some of those pink wellys Rosie had on for next year.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:I do like my pink wellies must admit!!!!!:-D