Wet weather restrition

Right guys, I have just recieved a email from SO1 Land Liaison Defubba regarding tracked vehicles. Due to the amount of rain full over the last week the MOD and Land Marc have had to place a wet weather restriction on all tracks and tracked vehicles. In short NO tracked vehicles will be permitted to take part in the drive out over the ranges. This has been one of my main worrys since I started this event and it has come true. Mark and DaveP if you have another vehicle that you can bring then please do so. I am so sorry to have to do this but this is totaly out of my hands. They have said you can still bring the FVs but not run them which is a kick in the nadds for me as me and Dave were to take point on the drive. I surpose this is the joys of organising such events, good news and bad news. The list of Westdown officers coming down for a look is growing by the day with SO1 Land liaison coming down with Bob Burgess Maneger of Land Marc. The COMDT is going to show his face at some point as is the Land Wardens and Range Wardens.

This event has certainly raised a few eyebrows. Camping on Salisbury Plain is a no go BUT we have manged it some how. Apart from the little get together last year this is a first as far as Westdown are concerned so you are now taken part in something very rare. Guys and Gals please bring some wet weather gear, its still raining here and the out look for the weekend is brighter but with showers.

This restriction is not just aimed at us this is right across the board, all Regiments training on this weekend have also been told to go static till further notice. Dave, Mark and the rest of the folk conected with the FV vehicles I will make it up to you some how. I will give you the full heads up when you get here.

I am Very sorry this has had to be done but knowing the MOD they could have waited till you were here and then told me. At least this way I get to say good bye to my wife before you get your hands on me.

Tony

PS ALL WHEELED VEHICLES ARE STILL OK FOR THE DRIVE OUT, IF ANYONE HAS THE SPACE FOR A FEW HITCH HIKERS.

Thats a bummer for those with tracked vehicles!!! You guys have my commiserations over the restriction.

I have to say though - and apologies if this sounds totally selfish - it makes me feel a bit better about the screw-up here!!! Had things gone to plan I would not have been here to see this so the first I would have heard would have been when it arrived at the Plains....

Hi Tony.

Stop fretting mate. It's not your fault and no blame is attached except to Jack because he didn't perform his sun dance enough.

However this leaves me with little alternative but to cancel my joining the Plains trip. As you are aware, my friend and co-owner of the 432, Hans, was travelling all the way from Germany with his family to join the event and be able to use the 432 on the ranges. As there is no opportunity for this to now happen, I shall advise Hans there is little point in him coming.

As we were sharing a low loader, I would now face having to pay for the low loader myself, which means I would have to pay out £900 plus fuel costs for the Ward - all in all, it makes a weekends fun a bit too expensive.

As such, I will withdraw from the fun and frolics on the Plains. Bit gutted but on the bright side I have just saved myself a shed load of money.

I hope all going have a great time and maybe next year. Many thanks to Tony and the rest of the Plains organisers for their sterling efforts.

And as for Jack - get your a--e down to the gym and practice your sun dance for next year.

Markheliops

Hi all -

We in the WLF owners club (UK Branch) have decided to drive up to the Plains on Friday. (let go of my arm tall one).

Tony and the Plains crew have put lots of effort into the trip so we feel it fair to get butts into gear and drive up. I shall be slightly nervous - flashbacks of Bolero and all that) besides, who would be around to pull you all out of the mud.

So David - breekies for me are down to 1 from 7.

I shall have a spare seat in the Ward La France but co-drivers are expected to measure up to the entrance criteria of WLF owners. Anyone who feels they can make the grade feel free to chance their arm and show some real spit. ???

Markheliops

Once again guys you have almost moved me to tears, myself and the team are overwelmed with the responce for this event. You guys have moved Heaven and Earth to get down here and all we seam to do is give you bad news. Once again please bring your wet gear, we have just had a hail storm the likes I have not seen before. The weekend is a mix of sun and showers. lets hope more sun than showers. Jack did do the sun dance but he done it the wrong way round. You put your left leg in first not you right. Stupid boy pike HAHAHEHE. Thanks to Jacks wonky legs dance our first team building excercise will be stopping the tents floating of onto the ranges.

Tony

Jack did do the sun dance but he done it the wrong way round. You put your left leg in first not you right. Stupid boy pike HAHAHEHE. Thanks to Jacks wonky legs dance our first team building excercise will be stopping the tents floating of onto the ranges.

Tony

Sorry Tone - I also listened to my motivational tapes backwards - and I am now a complete failure :cry:

Yep, but on the down side, we now have to go at the speed of a petrol WLF :shake:.

Look on the bright side, at 10mph our fuel economy is going to be great :-D.

Yeah right Mike.

Let's see how fast you go towing a petrol WLF cause it broke down.

Markheliops

Mark

Will you still be able to pick up Ian's roof panel if I can get it there:-)

I'm going to try and sort out the L/Rover and trailer,that should be entertaining,haven't used them much since last year when I changed the engine and g/box(fitted a 300tdi):red:.All part of the adventure.

DaveP

Yes guys strait to the camp site, no messing with Rollistone VCP. come on down and get a cuppa. Dave sorry for being a turd but this one has hit me for six mate. You are still lead vehicle mate. Together we can get everyone lost, Do you know what, I had a bit of a brain wave today. It don't happen very often so when it does I have to tell everyone. Now the MOD/DTE have stopped all tracked vehicles from having a jolly we can take all the wheeled vehicles over the East via road. One is thinking if Jack can wangle it we could still meet up with the R2V just outside Neatheravon at ZULU crossing. We have a wooded area we can lay in ambush for them. Keep this to yourselves guys we don't want the enemy to find out. What do you think?, We still get to chase Jack around and splash him with dirty water HEHEHE

Jack I will leave it with you to convince Keith & the rest of the R2V organisers to pull up for a hour or so and have a cuppa with the SALISBURY PLAIN MUD MOVERS.

Hopefully see you Sunday at ZULU

Tony and the boys.

Tony

You think it would be cold and wet on the 434,you haven't had the pleasures of my L/Rover.The heater does work but it fights a loosing battle against the elements coming in through the gaps:shake:.

Good news is Dougy is coming with his Lightweight,we're going to have our own little convoy on Sat morning arriving late am all being well.He,s also bringing his new girlfriend along so best behaviour and no 'fishy' stories!:cool2:

DaveP

Yes guys strait to the camp site, no messing with Rollistone VCP. come on down and get a cuppa. Dave sorry for being a turd but this one has hit me for six mate. You are still lead vehicle mate. Together we can get everyone lost, Do you know what, I had a bit of a brain wave today. It don't happen very often so when it does I have to tell everyone. Now the MOD/DTE have stopped all tracked vehicles from having a jolly we can take all the wheeled vehicles over the East via road. One is thinking if Jack can wangle it we could still meet up with the R2V just outside Neatheravon at ZULU crossing. We have a wooded area we can lay in ambush for them. Keep this to yourselves guys we don't want the enemy to find out. What do you think?, We still get to chase Jack around and splash him with dirty water HEHEHE

Jack I will leave it with you to convince Keith & the rest of the R2V organisers to pull up for a hour or so and have a cuppa with the SALISBURY PLAIN MUD MOVERS.

Hopefully see you Sunday at ZULU

Tony and the boys.

So we are not going to meet in the BIG car park then if we are not doing this where the ********* is the camp site.......:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

Mark

Will you still be able to pick up Ian's roof panel if I can get it there:-)

I'm going to try and sort out the L/Rover and trailer,that should be entertaining,haven't used them much since last year when I changed the engine and g/box(fitted a 300tdi):red:.All part of the adventure.

DaveP

Dave.

Should be okay as long as I can get it on the back of the Ward - and keep it there.

Markheliops

So we are not going to meet in the BIG car park then if we are not doing this where the ********* is the camp site.......:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

Looking at my map if your coming up the A360 cross the a303 then the 360 appears to go left ignore that and go staight on it might be the b3086 straight over cross roads there should be a sign there