Somewhere In Suffolk

HWade

Hello Everyone just a note to say that 'Somewhere In Suffolk' is still on track, we now have a P51 Mustang dropping in on the Sunday morning and will be one display outside the Control Tower at Rougham, it will only be there am. There is still time for you to book in, so if you require an entry form you can download one at http://www.suffolkmvt.co.uk. So if you are stuck for somewhere to go give us a look theres going to be plenty to do.

Poster-copy.jpg

Hello everyone I have been getting calls to see if theres still time to book in for 'Somewhere In Suffolk' well yes theres still time, so pick up a pen and fill in the entry form.Downloadable at http://www.suffolkmvt.co.uk or give me a ring (01379 871161(mob 07836530472)email hwade111@aol.com and I can post one to you.The event is growing day by day, with different vehicles and other items of military interest.So dont delay book in today.

Howard Wade

img001.jpg

dancing.jpg

posterrealsizeforprintercopy.jpg

need.jpg

Edited by HWade

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks For All Who Came To The Event

Thurs To Sat Was Super Sun Shine Sunday...........say No More The Invasion

Was Off!!!!

Watch This Space.......we May Have Some Thing Happining In August To Make Up For The Wash Out.......

Alan Join Organiser

Edited by bagman

Thanks To All Who Came On Sis. The Weather Was Great From Thursday To Sat. Sun Burnt Necks Told The Story.

Sunday Was Monsoon Season In South Vietnam..... Plans In The Ops Room To Get Some Thing Up And Running For The August 16-17 Event At Rougham. Maybe We Can Get The Re-enactors To Come Back And Do Us A Show In The Main Ring....will Keep Ya Posted

Hope You All Dry Out Soon

Alan

Well done Alan for the pics,you are right about the Friday and Saturday convoys they were great and everybody really enjoyed them, I was even asked for another convoy on the saturday afternoon.To top off what Alan said A big thank you to all who attended Somewhere In Suffolk.THANKS. Regards Howard.Here is a pic just to show how much rain came down on Sunday.

Rougham Op Render 003.jpg

Edited by HWade

Can I just say a very big "thank you" to all those involved for a really enjoyable week-end- well apart from Sunday!. David, myself and our dog had a great time and we really appreciated all your hard work, just really sorry that you didin't get the weather you needed to get some money in on the Sunday! (Our boots still havent dried out from gate duty yet!!!)

Where are we going next??????

Lindsay, NEXT EVENT

ROUGHAM AT THE AIR SHOW AUGUST 16-17 2008 ......WE ARE WORKING ON GETTING THE RE-ENACTORS TO PUT ON A DISPLAY LIKE WE SHOULD OF HAD AT SIS. THIS ONE IS ON THE PLANNING DESK AT PRESENT....IF IT TAKES OFF IT WILL BE CALLED BREAKOUT AS IN AUGUST 1944 THE ALLIES WERE BREAKING OUT FROM THE BEACH HEADS!

GLAD YOU HAD FUN AS WE DID.....MAY EVEN PLAN ANOTHER EVENT FOR NEXT YEAR AS WELL......WE MUST BE MAD!!!!!!

ALAN

Very sad to see so much effort go unseen... Made it for about and hour or so on sunday... soaked through after about 20 mins... darned limey weather!

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS....YEP OVER HALF A YEAR IN PLANNING AND THE GODS WIPED OUT SUNDAY...HAY HO.....FRIDAY AND SAT WERE GREAT.....

ALAN

Hello Lindsay

Thanks for the kind words I am really glad you enjoyed the event,as Alan said we are hoping to put somthing on at Rougham Airshow on 16th and 17th August, theres always a great display of aircraft so why not come along.

Thanks Howard.

So as well as the oil change or nipping up that wheel bearing there`s going to be a real shortage of wiper motor spares in suffolk.

Never mind the weather, It was only Anji`s second time camping and she`s ready for round 2. Moral of the story, if you need your missus to appreciate comfort, take her away for the weekend in a Diamond T.

Dave

Next Round August 16-17 Rougham For Breakout! Getting The Re-enactors Sorted For Another Go At Putting On A Display.....should Be Fun And Kevin Of Seal Military May Come Along With All His Goodies...

Take Care

Alan

l2.jpg

More Pics...i Have A Lot Of Movie Footage Which I Am Making Into A DVD When I Get Five.....

Alan

Ruth's And My Shoes Have Yet To Fully Dry Out!!!!!

D.jpg

JA.jpg

T.jpg

F.jpg

Edited by bagman

• 2 weeks later...

THE DVD IS NOW READY OF THE SOMEWHERE IN SUFFOLK EVENT. IT WORKS ON TV DVD PLAYERS AND PCs. 29.12 MINS OF FOOTAGE INCLUDING THE DAVE DURHAM TALK AT GREAT ASHFIELD. OVER 50 PHOTOS AND AAF WWII FOOTAGE. MUSIC BY THE GLENN MILLER ARMY AIR FORCE BAND FROM WAR TIME RADIO BROADCASTS. ALL THIS FOR A FIVER!!!

TO GET A COPY GO TO MY PX ON http://www.graphicbikeart.com/THE%20PX.htm

ALAN

Edited by bagman

• 2 weeks later...

Suffolk Mvt And Wing And A Pray (howard, John And Alan) Are Putting On An Event At The Sgr Airshow At Rougham On The 16-17 August. A Chance For The Re-encators To Strut Their Stuff. There Is A Jeep Convoy To Raf Shepards Grove On Sat Evening And A Bike About On Sunday. The Airshow Will Have Wwii Aircraft On Both Days

For Info Go To http://www.suffolkmvt.co.uk/ And Go To The Events Page

Alan

BREAKOUT websizejpg.jpg

Edited by bagman

Just To Let You All Know That We Rasied £598.77 For Rougham Tower....not Bad For The Monsoon Season In Quang Nam Province........ Hope To Get Something On The Drawing Board For Somewhere In Suffolk II.....would You Like Another Bash in 2009 ???

Bagman

Edited by bagman

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...