Restoration Projects.

Jack

Thanks Ashley :D I WILL TRY MY BEST BUT HAVE GOT A VERY SHORT ATTENTION SPAN :shock: PROBABLY END UP PAINTING IT RED, BUT GOD FORBID DRIVING AROUND IN A RED WAGON :wink: IT MUST BE SOOOOOO EMBARASSING :oops: I WOULD HAVE TO GET IT DONE QUICKLY

Yeah, what idiot would do that :cry: :oops: :twisted:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been making some more progress on my truck.

Here is the passenger side of the cab.

IMG_0004_1_1.JPG

Here it is after slight sandblasting and hitting on it w/ a rubber mallet.

cabwork_001.jpg

After complete sandblasting.

cabwork_004.jpg

A close up of the big hole.

cabwork_005.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I will have another update w/ a new panel and no holes. The other side is even worse :shock:.

Well, we used an air flange tool (is that a joggler?) to create a flange that will go behind the steel on one side. The rest will be butt welded. Unfortunatly we have recently been bogged down with some other things and the project is at a stand still. All we need to do is the custom fit the new pieces and weld them in. Hopefully I will have pictures soon.

• 3 months later...

My restoration of my CCKW has been an ongoing labor of love for 5 years with something new being added as original parts are found to complete the project. I just received a spare tire carrier from Holland. Those things are really scarce in the states.. I have sandblasted it, put two coats of primer and one coat of OD paint on it and will install it tomorrow as I have a few days off from teaching school. I have a 20" rim that is being shipped to me from California so I can mount a spare tire. Just one more thing to make my old truck as original as I can get her.

• 9 months later...

Regarding EX Norwegian trucks (sprayed or brushed...)

The trucks have been painted several times during their time of service in the Norwegian Army. At the start The RNA (Royal Norwegian Army) Used the trucks with the Paint they issued with. After a while they was given a layer of a darker OD because the Org OD tended to become to tan for the Norwegian 'foliage' and in some extend in the end of it's time of service brushed painting was performed.

1. and in some extend 2.echelon service and maint were performed by subscripted personel, including painting - with warius results...

In the late '70 yet another green shade of OD with a lot more yellow in it was used.

Most of our trucks were used from early fiftties right up til start to the 1990 (!)

During their long lifespann usage they were painted several times especialy those with blinkers mounted on the front fenders. They were in daily use.

Ex Norwegian without the

small blinkers were mostly stores inhouse their lifespan, and was materiell "owned" by Brigades who were trained appox every 4. years, and they was our Army reserve.

(During the cold war era...)

Trucks from the reserve often had quite low milage and were often well maintained.

Regards

S Holtan

Lt.® Norwegian Army, Armd. Cav.

'45 353 B1 "Minnie"

'45 Ford GPW

Hi folks i'm new to this forum, but not the mv scene. For all u guys who think its tough-going restoring your gmc or dodge. You should try restoring a vehicle where is NO spare parts other than what other 60+ year old scrap trucks you can find and use for parts. This very rare ww2 'cargo' truck which i am just finishing the resto' on and should be at kemble for its first outing started off life like this in 2003. I wonder just how many of you MV enthusiasts can tell me what it is????????? hears a clue its one axle short to be a gmc/diamond t???? ;-)

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I'd stop in a say hi. We are pushing to get the truck done in a month as we have a show coming up so it's getting close :-D. I on;y have one new picture at the moment so I'll post it for you guys.

Before

width=640 height=480http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/764/medium/10-31-05_003.jpg[/img]

After

width=640 height=480http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/764/medium/dash_002.jpg[/img]

--Nick

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I suppose I am a bit late in posting this well at least 2 seasons. but I wanted to take the pic on an airfield and only got round to doing it this year. So here is my preserved (I havnt done enough work on it to retore it) Hotchkiss M201 as last used by the French Airforce Vehicule controlee le piste (runway control vehicle)

I took the photo on a runway at what was Ouston Airfield Northumberland about 15 miles West of the Toon (Newcastle to those unaccustomed to the North). This is possibly the most complete WW2 airfield in Northumberland and is currently used by the Army renamed Albermarle Barracks.

width=640 height=426http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p261/centurion_photos/100_0498.jpg[/img]

regards

Centurion

• 2 years later...
Hi folks i'm new to this forum, but not the mv scene. For all u guys who think its tough-going restoring your gmc or dodge. You should try restoring a vehicle where is NO spare parts other than what other 60+ year old scrap trucks you can find and use for parts. This very rare ww2 'cargo' truck which i am just finishing the resto' on and should be at kemble for its first outing started off life like this in 2003. I wonder just how many of you MV enthusiasts can tell me what it is????????? hears a clue its one axle short to be a gmc/diamond t???? ;-)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes its an FWD.:thumbsup: