A.E.C. Militant MK 1 Gallery

Nice pic's - I love these old girls!! :)

The tipper unit was what equipped "C" Troop of 215 Sqdn RCT(VR) - however ours only had a single ram, not the twin rams pictured as ours were three-way tipping units.

I know what you mean Neil they just look like they are built to cope with anything and last forever ! Have you any pics of the ones you drove in service ?:bow::bow:

Hello Tom , would you mind opening the thread up to all Millies as I am sure there are a lot of Mk3 pictures out there dying to come in ! :-D

Andy, I'm just happy looking at any lorry 'photos ! I would say that as the MK 1 and MK 3 share only a name other posters may feel the MK 3 deserves it's own thread. I won't be opening any other marque threads so I wait to see what happens and go along with that. Regards.

It would be lovely to think a few Militant tippers have survived but sadly I should think that after leaving Ruddington most were worked to death in a quarry or on a motorway construction site in the 1970's. They were just too useful.

I know what you mean Neil they just look like they are built to cope with anything and last forever ! Have you any pics of the ones you drove in service ?:bow::bow:

Somewhere there may be some - haven't seen the old photo's for years. When I can get into the loft I'll have a look-see!!

It would be lovely to think a few Militant tippers have survived but sadly I should think that after leaving Ruddington most were worked to death in a quarry or on a motorway construction site in the 1970's. They were just too useful.

For sure 215 still had them on the books in the very late Seventies as we did a deal with them, post transfer to 21, for HGV-2 training in exchange for GPMG training.