CCKW with Bofors gun.

Guest matt

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for info on the CCKW's fitted with 40mm Bofors AA guns which were used by the Free French 22nd Colonial AA Group.I have the pictures in the book GMC A Universal Truck but I am looking for more detailed info on the gun mounts and bodies,who supplied the guns,who made the bodies etc.

Ideally I'd like to find some really detailed photos of the gun mount and rear body of the truck and some drawings would be even better! well I can hope can't I :roll:

Any help would be great!

Matt.

Thanks Mick! I think it's a replica as there are some detail differences between this truck and those in the original photos,still a very impressive rig though.

Have you got the Book "GMC, A Universal Truck"?

Merry Christmas.

Matt.

Hi Matt

You are quite right that it is a repro but from what I can understand on the

site it has been very closely researched and since it was an "in the field

conversion" I would be surprised if they were all identical, I only wish I

had paid a bit more attention to French studies all those years ago.

Cheers

Degsy

Hi Mick, I find him very helpfull, Ive bought alot of stuff from him over the years (including the Quad Polsten), and he just has guns and every imagnable item lying all around his farm.

Tyler.

Does he have a website or a catalog? I'm not looking for something specific, just browsing.

• 1 month later...

But the one you bought is the type as used by the Commonwealth, isn't it?

Hanno

That's right but its dated 1942 and who's to say that the Yank's didn't have a few Commonwealth Bofor's, even the Germans were using them and besides do you know how hard it is to get a U.S made Bofors over here :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luftwaffe-Flak-Troops-w-40mm-Bofors-in-Gun-Pit_W0QQitemZ6601994958QQcategoryZ104000QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mick.

That's right but its dated 1942 and who's to say that the Yank's didn't have a few Commonwealth Bofor's, even the Germans were using them and besides do you know how hard it is to get a U.S made Bofors over here :shock:

If you have a CCKW-352 you could mark the whole lot up as a British unit ... see http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6755#6755

Hanno

If you have a CCKW-352 you could mark the whole lot up as a British unit

Hanno

We have two CCKW-352, but there's no way we are going to change our unit now, we have spent all of last year getting kited out as Yanks and getting our Red Ball Express display looking the part.

Have a look.... http://www.514th.co.uk

Mick.

mo12005.jpg

0.jpg