Antar Gallery

Dear All,

The Chris Miller Antar is quite safe and talked up in bed (ie under cover) with Fred Lawton in Derbyshire. I keep hearing tales about Antars with two engines. I have never ever seen or read anything authoritive about this. The V8 meteorite did have two rocker covers, two rads, two carbs, two fuel pumps and two mags.... but not two engines!

John

Yes John is quite right the Miller Antar is very well, here it is at Freds open day earlier this year. 20160227_miller antar.jpg

Might that have been a Churchill power pack?

Churchills have a specially designed flat 12 petrol engine making 350hp. It is not in any way related to the Bedford 72hp straight 6 of the same period. There was an attempt by Vauxhall to build a copy of a WW2 German half track that did use two 72hp straight sixes side by side. I don't know how they aranged the transmission. That never got beyond prototype.

David

I presume you mean WHG 563V owned by Chris Miller, it seems to have been a little camera shy but it appears on pages 167 and 169 of Bob Tuck's book 'Move It' working on the Dinorwic project, unfortunately in b/w.

Check out post 289 on this thread.

I have emailed Bob Tuck and he has given me permission to use the photos in Trucks book of his, but unfortunatley its not the best of photos, I need photos of all around the vehicle and in colour.

But thanks anyway.

Regards

Dick Smith

Yes John is quite right the Miller Antar is very well, here it is at Freds open day earlier this year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]120684[/ATTACH]

Is there any chance some one can get me some good photos of the Miller Antar please, I am desperate for nearside, a full on door writing photo (for transfers), the rear of the ballast box,(if any writing then this should be full on for transfers) by the spare wheel, (a full on of the writing on the scuttle and bonnet, (for transfers) An engine photo as well as in the cab please, I have to get it just right for the Gaydon Model Truck Competition, I know that is in June but I need to order my transfers as soon as possible as my friend gets very busy making them for other people, so this is an urgent message please, I have got to the stage were I am ready for painting so it is very urgent I get these photos please, can any one put me intoch with the owner please. Sorry for the urgency but I have been trying everywere to get the infomation I need, I also need a photo or diagram of the front wheel where the track rod joins the rear of the hub, as I cant read the instructions on the model.

Regards Dick Smith

Yes John is quite right the Miller Antar is very well, here it is at Freds open day earlier this year. [ATTACH=CONFIG]120684[/ATTACH]

Sorry to be a pain, but can any one please let me know how I can get in contact with Fred Lawton the owner of this Mighty Antar please. It is a matter of some urgency. Many thanks in advance.

Sorry to be a pain, but can any one please let me know how I can get in contact with Fred Lawton the owner of this Mighty Antar please. It is a matter of some urgency. Many thanks in advance.

PM me with the reason why "It is a matter of some urgency", and I may be able to get a message to Fred.

• 4 years later...