WW1 Vauxhall Staff Car

Great War truck

Ok. This has gone to the top of my Christmas list.

http://www.martinchisholm.com/cars/listings/l0092.shtml

Rather nice with quite a pedigree. Has anybody seen one of these before? It is most likely to go to a classic car collector as opposed to a MV collector, but it would be very nice to have.

Tim (too)

Rather nice with quite a pedigree. Has anybody seen one of these before? It is most likely to go to a classic car collector as opposed to a MV collector, but it would be very nice to have.

Tim,

There was book by Bart Vandeveen, called Kaleidoscope of Bedford and Vauxhall Military Vehicles, this has a short chapter on these staff cars with several WW1 photos. I believe Vauxhall had a D-type in their historic collection and when Bedford celebrated their 40th anniversary of their vehicles in military service, it was brought out for a ceremony with the Royal Corps of Transport alongside a QL, RL, MK and TM4-4.

Richard

Thats interesting. I know of that book but have never looked at it. I will do so next opportunity.

Probably the history associated with this one will inflate the price unrealistically. As Steve just told me, i could have as much fun with a similar aged car (such as a Dodge) for a lot less money.

Tim (too)

Thats interesting. I know of that book but have never looked at it. I will do so next opportunity.

Probably the history associated with this one will inflate the price unrealistically. As Steve just told me, i could have as much fun with a similar aged car (such as a Dodge) for a lot less money.

Tim (too)

True,...............but for individuality,..................esp put back into WD mode. ;-)