All ready to go.

Markheliops

Hi all.

First thread for the 2008 Plains trip. :banana:

I have ordered the low loader for the FV432 and the Ward La France M1A1. Thought I would get in there early and suggest other owners do the same as low loaders may be in short supply and large demand for this weekend.

I've gone with Wayne Meadows. He is collecting me on Friday 2nd May and returning me on Monday 5th back to the Hop Farm.

Looking forward to this event already. :-D

Can someone give me a final address for delivery and collection so I can pass this information on to Wayne.

Thankie

Markheliops

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can count in myself and Grasshopper with the WLF, maybe another big truck and probably a Land Rover/MUTT/CVRT/whatever else is running by then... Assuming we bring both trucks we'll need at least 30' for each one, plus space for 2 9x9s and gazebo plus whatever else we bring. Hope there'll be room :-) ?

We will of course be driving down rather than low-loadering :-D

Who else is up for a convoy from somewhere round the bottom end of the M25?

You can count in myself and Grasshopper with the WLF, maybe another big truck and probably a Land Rover/MUTT/CVRT/whatever else is running by then... Assuming we bring both trucks we'll need at least 30' for each one, plus space for 2 9x9s and gazebo plus whatever else we bring. Hope there'll be room :-) ?

We will of course be driving down rather than low-loadering :-D

Who else is up for a convoy from somewhere round the bottom end of the M25?

What CVR (T) you got Mike? I will go to the camp site today and get some pictures. There will be enough room for us, just don't pitch up in the bowl. When it rains it fills with water. We have the woods, grassed area and a big hard standing, If we should need abit more we will just exstend it slightly.

Hi all.

First thread for the 2008 Plains trip. :banana:

I have ordered the low loader for the FV432 and the Ward La France M1A1. Thought I would get in there early and suggest other owners do the same as low loaders may be in short supply and large demand for this weekend.

I've gone with Wayne Meadows. He is collecting me on Friday 2nd May and returning me on Monday 5th back to the Hop Farm.

Looking forward to this event already. :-D

Can someone give me a final address for delivery and collection so I can pass this information on to Wayne.

Thankie

Markheliops

I have used Wayne Meadows before, and he's reliable. Turned up exactly on time when i took a CVRT to the Isle of Wight and was just parking up at the ferry port as I was rolling off the boat on the return trip.

Just been reading the rest of this thread and it seems some want to bring tracks, has the powers that be been made aware of this, as I know they can be very fussy about tracked vehicles on their turff .....

Only posted this as I would hate for people to be stoped after bringing them all that way.

R Cubed

OK Lee - - will do some more digging!

Only quote thus far is £1400 return......

:schocked: :schocked: :schocked:

Try this link me and Jack used him with 2 GMC's and was very reasonable and nice chap.

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=38&topic=4934.0

Might be cheaper worth a try. Mention about the guys with the GMC which the wheel fell off, he voiced his concerns to Roadsure...

R Cubed