Saracen Electrical Issues

Starfire

My Saracen is currently having problems with the electrics; When attempting to turn the headlights on, the 30A breaker is tripping. This seems to be happening when I move the light switch at all, even a little bit, which would be switching on the side and tail lights only. I suspect that the switch panel may be shorting internally, but the vehicle has been repainted in the not too distant past, which involved removing all of the external lights and wings, so there could be a short in one of those. Can anyone give any suggestions? How hard is it to rebuild the switch panel, or find a replacement?

Cheers,

Terry

Terry,

I recollect one of my customers having a problem with one of those switchboards on a Saracen when I think a screw came loose inside. might be worth going to the tail lights for starters and isolating the feed wires and see if it is still tripping.

Thanks Richard,

I'll give that a go.

Cheers,

Terry

It looks like the problem is in one of the tail lights, given the rather angry sparks it threw at me when I took it apart and the fact that the breaker is no longer tripping. It seems that they cut the wires when disassembling it and didn't tape them properly afterwards. I'll dig up some electrical tape tomorrow and it should be all good.

Cheers,

Terry