Russian handbooks, manuals etc

I found google translate worked well on the site itself. The site is really a forum with individual links to where the actual manuals can be downloaded. There are other similar sites with the same links on them but this one seems to be relatively easy to use and has a huge list of scanned manuals, including quite modern British and American ones!

Obviously you need to watch out for unwanted browsers and other crap but just study every new page before clicking 'next'.

You will need software to open RAR and Dejavu (probably not spelt like that!) files. These are much better equivilents of PDF and ZIP and work very well producing much smaller file sizes and so faster downloads. This software is easily available as free downloads but again watch for 'extras'.

The only problem that I encountered was that a few of the manuals were rather poor scans with sections missing but as they are free one can't moan really.

A great resource if you are semi computer literate like me.

David