Wanted: B60 and Humber 1 ton truck parts

Manylandrovers

Dear All,

I'm in the very slow process of restoring my Humber 1 ton truck. I'd like to do a period upgrade on it(non original, but removable) by replacing the 24v dynamo and generator panel with a no 10 generator and no 9 gen panel, of which I have a few lying around. These were an official mod on Ferrets I believe, but required a change in mounting brackets on the engine block and also pulleys and belts. I will, if I can, use the original generator pulley. Can anyone help? If any one has any another B60 or Humber parts I would be very interested to hear from you. I also need the yellow oil light lens?

regards

Andrew

Dear All,

I'm in the very slow process of restoring my Humber 1 ton truck. I'd like to do a period upgrade on it(non original, but removable) by replacing the 24v dynamo and generator panel with a no 10 generator and no 9 gen panel, of which I have a few lying around. These were an official mod on Ferrets I believe, but required a change in mounting brackets on the engine block and also pulleys and belts. I will, if I can, use the original generator pulley. Can anyone help? If any one has any another B60 or Humber parts I would be very interested to hear from you. I also need the yellow oil light lens?

regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Can't really help you with your specific idea of changing the charging system and not really sure why you would want to do it; I've no experience of any problem with the champ / Humber / Martian charging systems. I' m also trying to get my Humber restored and have a few odd parts, but I do also have a few 2 speed gen panels. Out of the country at the mo in Poland for a family wedding, so not able to do long emails, but send me a reply and I'll pick it up when I get back.

Cheers

Adrian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just came across a humber 1 ton with trailer today . Very bad condition and severely overgrown bushes trees etc. Would like to see it all cleared 

Such a shame to see old vehicles like this.

Was great to chat with owner . 

20180114_134711.jpg

Edited by Spr2116

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2017 at 8:48 PM, HubbyHumber said:

Adrian, sorry I missed this. I have found all the parts required for the 90a conversion although the crank pulley remains on the donor vehicle, and I have no idea how it is supposed to come off....I also have a twin speed dynamo and generator panel although the dynamo has no pulley (appears to be different to water pump pulley and single speed dynamo pulley, and the gen panel has lost its screw down cap and wading cap for the dynamo.id like to give this a try before changing to the 90amp system. Can anyone help?

i like the look of that Humber in the bushes? Where is it. I can help with removing it I’m sure.

andrew

Hi Andrew,

Can't really help you with your specific idea of changing the charging system and not really sure why you would want to do it; I've no experience of any problem with the champ / Humber / Martian charging systems. I' m also trying to get my Humber restored and have a few odd parts, but I do also have a few 2 speed gen panels. Out of the country at the mo in Poland for a family wedding, so not able to do long emails, but send me a reply and I'll pick it up when I get back.

Cheers

Adrian