Saracen brake bleeding

trophy160

Can anyone advise me on the procedure for bleeding Saracen brakes, i presume there is an order for bleeding. Also, is it the case that with the engine running you would just depress the brake pedal prior to opening a bleed nipple, i.e. No need to pump the brakes?

thanks

Nic

Can anyone advise me on the procedure for bleeding Saracen brakes, i presume there is an order for bleeding. Also, is it the case that with the engine running you would just depress the brake pedal prior to opening a bleed nipple, i.e. No need to pump the brakes?

thanks

Nic

Hi Nic,

Bleeding Saracen / Saladin brakes is easy. Make sure the hydraulic tank is full, have a large container for the oil you bleed off, the correct spanner and around 2 foot of rubber pipe to fit on the bleednipples. With the engine running, place a suitable length of wood between the brake peddle and the steering cross shaft guard so that the brakes are on but not fully on. All you have to do is go round each wheel station. I always start with the front right then front left, middle left the middle right. I go around twice. If the hydraulic oil that comes out is clean, let it settle to get the air bubbles out, filter it though a coffee filter and its good to reuse.

Hope that helps,

Andy.

The general rule is that you should always bleed the system from the furthest point from the pump, so start with the backs, do the middle and then front. If it really needs bleeding (or you've had it completely drained) you should also bleed the accumulators, which have bleed points on them as well.

Cheers,

Terry